Publius Forum

Monday, November 3, 2008

We Just Never Know...

Many of us write blogs for many reasons, and sometimes we seldom receive comments for what we consider to be magnificant pieces of work. This is why, when we get that special comment, we are humbled beyond words.

I had copied an article by the name of "Soldier Profile: Sgt. 1st Class Daniel Corbett" from DIVIDSHub News (must register) on August 7, 2008. I have copied many articles over to my blog in the past, because CENTCOM encourages us to do so and I wanted to help inform the people about what is truly happening in this global war.

This lady left me a comment the other day, but I could not find its origin so I e-mailed her to find out where she read it. She e-mailed me back. This is her husband, and she had not read this article anywhere else. Wow. If only for a moment, I may have brought her closer to her husband. Wow.

If you ever feel as though what you are doing does not matter or no one is reading, please do not give up. You cannot imagine how humbled and blessed I feel for being able to provide this precious woman - who is sacrificing along with her husband - with this little bit of news about her husband. There are many, so many more people out there who may one day come across your blog.

Please keep up the good fight against the media which tries to cast the darkest of light against our Military, and always try to give accurate information to those who would appreciate it most...their loved ones. Thank you, and God bless our Troops and their families.

May you walk with the LORD always, and when you cannot take another step, may He carry you the rest of the way until you can walk along side Him again.

Cross-posted @ The Talon and Rosemary's News and Ideas.

Linkfest Haven, the Blogger's Oasis

Everyday I have an Open Trackback Linkfest party for all my friends - the ones I know and the ones I will come to know. If you have a post you would like to share, why not trackpost it here? All you have to do is add my Permalink somewhere in your article (usually at the bottom), then trackback to it. You don't have trackbacks available? Why not use Wizbang Stand Alone Trackback? Everyone have a nice day.

Friends I have trackbacked to through Linkfest and others: Leaning Straight Up - Election aftermath: What it means and where do we go from here, third world county - What Today May Bring, The World According To Carl - GUEST COMMENTARY: The Election The Media Won, thanks to Linkfest Haven Deluxe.

Friends who have shared their posts for your reading pleasure:
1. Rosemary's News and Ideas: We Just Never Know...
2. Blog @ MoreWhat.com: President-elect Obama, Now What?
3. third world county: The "Hissy Fit, Toddler Tantrum" Vote>.
4. The Amboy Times: Don't Despair.
5. L.O.M.A. - L.O.M.A.
6. Beagle Scout: Hello Post-Racial World.
7. Mark My Words: Sarah Palin in her own words.
8. Leaning Straight Up: Here comes the blame game: It’s Palin’s Fault!
9. third world county: The Road Ahead, 1.1.
10. The Virtuous Republic: The Federal Reserve Appoints Former Bear Stearns Senior Risk Manager to Verify Soundness of Banks.
11. walls of the city: true colors. Digg! Digg!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful of others, so they may be respectful to you. Have a blessed day.