Publius Forum

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

This is a New Strategy, what more do they want?

Opinion Journal has written a tremendous article about the new strategy that went into full effect on June 15, 2007. Today is July 11, 2007, and the Democrats have been decrying that this is a lost war. Have they spoken with the soldiers? No. Have they spoken with the generals who are on the ground? No. Have they read this article? I strongly doubt it. Why do I believe as I do? Because I have seen this movie before, as Sen. John McCain has put it.
This is the Baghdad Security Plan, and its mission is to secure the people of Baghdad. Even so, commanders are not ignoring the outlying areas of Iraq. U.S. forces have killed or captured many important al Qaeda leaders in Mosul recently, and destroyed safe havens throughout northern Iraq. Troops are conducting counterinsurgency operations in Bayji, north of Tikrit. And Iraqi forces have "stepped up" to secure some southern cities. The Eighth Iraqi Army Division has been fighting Shiite militias in Diwaniyah, an important city halfway between Basrah and Baghdad. As commanders stabilize central Iraq, they will undoubtedly conduct successive operations in outlying regions to follow up on their successes and make them lasting. [Read the whole article.]
I am so very proud of our brave men and women who are willing willing to wear the uniform of the USA and fight for our freedoms. They know what they are doing. They know the different between right and wrong, good and evil. Trust me, they have seen things no one should ever see. They know...and they continue to do the jobs that Americans won't do...oh, wait a minute...they ARE Americans! How about that, President Bush? Is this not the most honorable and toughest job? Hmm. Just as I thought, but getting beyond that.

Thank you, Military. All of you. You are in a class of your own, and you deserve to be there. That doesn't mean we will treat you differently, because we know that is not what you want. We just want you know how grateful we are to have men and women such as you. Thank God!

Update: Have you ever heard of LinkFest? Well apparently these people have! (If you'd like to trackback, this is also over at My Newz 'n Ideas. I cannot figure out how to put Trackback here, yet. My apologies.) Leaning Straight Up, DragonLady's World, 123 Beta, A Quiet Noise, MacBros' Place, Madman Returns, Outside the Beltway, Perri Nelson's Website, Pirate's Cove, Publius Rendezvous, Pursuing Holiness, Rashbre Central, Renaissance Blogger, Right Truth, Adam's Blog, Assorted Babble, basil's blog, Blue Star Chronicles, bRight & Early, Chaotic Synaptic Activity, Church and State, Committees of Correspondence, Common Folk Using Common Sense, Diane's Stuff, Dumb Ox News, Gospel Fiction, Gribbit's Word, Is It Just Me?, Jack of All Trades, Jo's Cafe, Right Wing Nation, Rightwing Guy, Stop the ACLU, Stuck On Stupid, The Amboy Times, The Bullwinkle Blog, The Clash of Civilizations, The Crazy Rants of Samantha Burns, The HILL Chronicles, The Random Yak, The Right Nation, The Uncooperative Blogger, The World According to Carl, third world county, Tor's Rants, Urban Paradise, Woman Honor Thyself, and the entire Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Wow! You really should go over there and find out what it's all about. If you want more readership, I'd do it. As a matter of fact, I don't have trackback, but my My Newz 'n Ideas site does! I'll be doing some reading and linking over there today. Have a great day

2 comments:

  1. I registered. I hope it works. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful! Hopefully we get more traffic to our sites. I already subscribe to yours. That is why you may not see me for a while at a time. Don't worry, sweetie, I'm still reading you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful of others, so they may be respectful to you. Have a blessed day.