Publius Forum

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Ziba Kazemi: A Play in Memory

Zahra (Ziba) Kazemi was murdered four years ago this July 10th by Iranian Guards. They have not yet released her body, nor shall they ever, I fear. Her son, Stephen Hachemi, is still trying in mourning. He is trying to get her remains moved to Canada so that she may be near him. Here is an article that was written only a little while after her murder. For more information about her, you will find it here. This will help those of you who are following this case to keep up with the news about her. (Hat tip to Serendip for the links and some info. Thank you.)

The reason I have given you this background is because a fried of mine, Winston, has sent me a play which is going to perform in Canada only six times. That is the only chance we will have to see it. It is truly a must see.
Dear Friends,

I am very pleased to invite you to visit our latest production: Ashes to Ashes, from Nobel Prize winner playwright: Harold Pinter.

Our adaptation is dedicated to the memory of Canadian/Iranian photojournalist Zahra (Ziba) Kazemi, who was brutally killed behind the prison walls.

The show will be part of SummerWorks Theatre Festival and will have only 6 runs on the following dates at the Tarragon Theatre's mainspace:
  • Friday August 3rd 6:00 pm
  • Saturday August 4th 1:30 pm
  • Sunday August 5th 12:00 pm
  • Tuesday August 7th 9:00 pm
  • Friday August 10th 6:00 pm and
  • Sunday August 12th 7:30 pm
Our artistic team includes: Gemini Award winner Brenda Bazinet (actress), NTS' graduate Sam Malkin (actor) and NTS' directing program's student V. Rahbani (designer & director).

For more details please click on the poster.

You really shouldn't miss this!

Yours,
Levon Haftvan
Artistic Director
Lemaz Productions
www.lemaz.org.
416-816-8405
I realize it is rather far for some of you, but I expect my Canadian friends to go. Please, send me a review. I would very much appreciate. Thank you, and have a nice day.

4 comments:

  1. Rosemary, This is so awesome. I wished I could go. Thank you for letting us know about this. It is truly hard to mourn a parent without a grave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly is very hard on him. Thank you, but you gave me most of the info, and Winston sent me the info about the production. All I did was to post it.

    I just wish I could do more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting. Actually Harold Pinter is a leftist moonbat but I think he has got this one OKAY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, but when they do good, it should be recognized. Especially when it comes to this.

    Iran right now has been holding around 5-6 Americans (who just so happen to be Iranian also) hostage. They are all in prison, and the IG is looking for more.

    What are we doing about this? NOTHING. At least, not to my knowledge. And you want to know the screwiest thing about this? IRAN TOLD the USA that would not allow this to be one of the topics of dicussion when they meet face-to-face to talk about Iraq's security!

    LET IRAQ HANDLE THEIR OWN SECURITY, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I don't believe my eyes and ears. Well, that's just problem, I DO believe my eyes and ears. I just cannot believe that we are this stupid...

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful of others, so they may be respectful to you. Have a blessed day.