Publius Forum

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Gratitude abounds

I awake this feeling almost everyday. I'd be lieing if I claimed everyday. Some days I forget or am too wrapped up within myself to see the bigger picture. But for a moment, then I remember, gratefully. I am alive, I live in the greatest nation ever on the planet earth, I can walk, I can talk, I can breathe on my own, I can laugh, I can create, I can write. All of these things I can do at my will without fear of repercussion.

We may be only 4% of the world's population, but we are the wealthiest in spirit, wealthiest in materialistic ways, wealthiest in choices and wealthiest by the grace of God. Had He not had His Gracious hand over us, we would have surely met disaster many times over.

So why is it that people would like to make this a muslim nation when each and every muslim nation is horrendous? Why would they desire we forget about our Creator? Could it be because they do not like what is right and love what is evil? Could it be possible that it has been so long that they do not know the difference?

Aha! But I say, "NO!" Why? Because the Bible says no. In Romans 1:18-32, (all bolding is mine)
God's Wrath Against Mankind
18The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--His eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

21For although they knew God, they neither glorified Him as God nor gave thanks to Him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images that were made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.

24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshipped and served created things rather than the Creator--who is forever praised. Amen.

26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

28Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, He gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. 29They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32Although they know God's righteous decree that those who such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.
Wow. That's a mouthful, eh? Have I ever done any of these things? Yes. Do I struggle at times still? Yes. But I know that there is One who Save me from death's grip, and that is Jesus Christ, my LORD and Savior.

Remember as a child how we used to push our parents to find out where the bounderies were? Well, at the time we may not have known that's what we were doing, but we all did it. That is because every creature, every human being, needs direction, guidance, love, discipline and correction.

That is why I am so grateful that I can practice my faith as a Christian in this country, no matter whether you like it or not.

Back to those verses, though. They say very much and give so much insight to the many seemingly unanswered questions we have of God. The answers can be found in this Bible and in these verses. Why does evil happen? Because we have turned away from God, we have told Him He is no longer needed in our schools, and His Ten Commandments? Why that's illegal! Poppy-cock! You may sit down for this and allow it to happen, but I will not.

It is necessary for us to fight the American-Communist-Legal-Union (ACLU) with everything we have. The truth is on our side, and if we don't, then who will? Could you please answer me that? We fought the godless communists, only to find them in our schools teaching our children and throwing out God! HOW DARE THEY! They were able to do this because we were asleep. Also, we did not know our own Constitution! They knew it better than we did.

Well my dear readers, it is time we educated ourselves. They have infested our Churches to the point where no one even speaks about Hell or fire and brimstone! Are you okay with that? This is not a church. It is a place where people gather to pretend they are christians. If you attend such a Church, I recommend you quickly find one that knows the Word of God and teaches it to everyone. We are all His disciples, not just the Pastor. Do not leave all the work up to him. You have your own Cross to bear.

Excuse me, I get upset when I consider the state of affairs of my beloved country and the world. But the reason I am so grateful?
The LORD Appears to Solomon: 2Chronicles 7:11-22.
11When Solomon had finished the temple of the LORD and the royal palace, and succeeded in carrying out all he had in mind to do in the temple of the LORD and in his own palace, 12the LORD appeared to him at night and said:
    "I have heard your prayer and have this place for Myself as a temple for sacrifices."

    13"When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among My people, 14if My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 15Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. 16I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that My Name may be there forever. My eyes and My heart will always be there."

    17As for you, if you walk before Me as David your father did, and do all I command, and observe My decrees and laws, 18I will establish your royal throne, as I covenanted with David your father when I said, 'You shall never fail to have a man to rule over Israel.'"

    19But if you turn away and forsake the decrees and commands I have given you and go off to serve other gods and worship them, 20then I will uproot Israel from My land, which I have given them, and I will reject this temple I have consecrated for My Name. I will make it a byword and an object of ridicule among all peoples. 21And though this temple is now so imposing, all who pass by will be appalled and say, 'Why has the LORD done such a thing to this land and to this temple?' 22People will answer, 'Because they have forsaken the LORD, the God of their fathers, who brought them out of Egypt, and have embraced other gods, worshipping and serving them--that is why He brought all this disaster on them.'"
Wow. It is absolutely amazing how we can search for answers in the Bible and go to two entirely different books, the first being the New Testament-the latter being the Old Testament, and we come right back to the righteousness of the LORD. I was seeking the prayer in which God promises to heal our land, but I do not like to take verses out of context. That is why they are so long. In case you were wondering. lol.

Yes, this is my great hope. That we would all repent of our sins, turn from our wicked way, and seek the LORD with all of our heart, our mind, our soul and our strength. Day and night. Do you need a reason to pray? Pray for our men and women in uniform who are keeping you free. Show them your gratitude, although they may never know it. God will know it, and He will account to you. Pray for the sick, the elderly, the lost. There are so many things about which you could pray!

The most important prayer of all, though, is the prayer you pray when you make the decision to ask the LORD Jesus to come into your heart and forgive your sins. Yes, it is by far the most important. That does not mean the others do not count, they do! We are just talking, you and me, about which is the most important.

If your Church no longer asks people if they are Christians, then it is not a Christian Church. RUN out of there. Just because the building claims to be a Church, does not make it so. Please, come with me. We can have Bible study over the net! It is better than worshipping other gods. No, you do not have to be a Christian to join a fellowship, but you must abide by the Christian commandments. They are the same as the Jewish commandments.

I am grateful that the LORD has taken my place and freed me from my sin. I am grateful for His direction. He leads me away from evil. I love Him, and I am very grateful that He loves me. God bless you all. Have a wonderfully blessed day.

Add this post to Fark Add this post to Technorati Add this post to Del.icio.us Digg!

The trackback for this is: http://rosemarysthoughts.com/2007/09/26/gratitude-abounds/trackback/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful of others, so they may be respectful to you. Have a blessed day.