Publius Forum

Saturday, September 1, 2007

A word from Afghanistan (OTB)

There is a group of men, one in particular, who are training the Afghan National Police in every aspect (starting from the ground up) of police work. Finally, after being out in the middle of only God knows where, he has had an opportunity to post to his blog. I encourage you, I implore you, if you do nothing else today, please visit his site. It is named, "Bill and Bob's Excellent Afghan Adventure. The date on this post is August 31, 2007.

He is wonderful man with an ex-wife who is very kind (I think) and 4 children whom he loves ever so dearly. His children adore him as well. His brother and sisters are helping him while he's overseas, and they are very supportive of him. So am I. I am very proud of him.

He volunteered to go over there. He is in the National Guard, and he wanted to do what he deemed necessary. He is with the PMT (Police Mentor Team), and his team and he are trying to train the ANP (Afghan National Police) to be able to stand up to the terrorists on their own. We are not walking away from these people this time, and I am glad for this.

It takes a minimum of ten years to quell an insurgence. I just don't know how long it will take to 'quell' a war with people who want you dead just because you exist. We have no choice but to find out, because victory is our only option. Have a nice day.

Linkfest Haven, the Blogger's Oasis

This is a wonderful man and a wonderful article he has written. Since I would really like everyone to read it, I am going to open this post up to an open trackback. Please join me by using your Linkfest link. For those of you who do not have one, do not panic. All you have to do is click here and follow the directions. Thank you.

These are the posts I have trackbacked to: Shadowscope, "Sing, Beast, Sing" ("I'm Mad" — Willie Mabon), The World According to Carl, Is It Just Me?, Leaning Straight Up, and Conservative Cat, The Amboy Times, Woman Honor Thyself, DeMediacratic Nation, Right Truth, Nuke's News & Views, and MacBro's Place, thanks to Linkfest Haven Deluxe.

These are the good folks that have trackbacked to me:
1. Church and State: Labor Day Open Trackback Aug. 31 - Sep. 3.
2. Blue Star Chronicles: I Hate the Military's Stop Loss Policy.
3. The Florida Masochist: The Knuckleheads of the Day awards.
4. Faultline USA: Petition: Stand by the American Mission in Iraq.
5. The Florida Masochist: Squashed.
6. Right Truth: John Edwards wants mandatory preventative health care.
7. Gulf Coast Hurricane Tracker: Catching up with hurricane activity. Digg!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful of others, so they may be respectful to you. Have a blessed day.