Publius Forum

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

From Vegas to San Diego - We Was a Shakin' and a Rollin'

At approximately 11:42 am, there was an earthquake with a magnitute of 5.8 (estimated. We now know it was 5.4). I'm fine, but it felt like it lasted for over a minute, but it was only about 30 seconds. The reports are coming in fast and furious. I cannot type that fast! lol.

Am I shaken up? No, not really. I've been through these before. It's just like you people who live in Tornado Valley or Hurricane Lane. It's just something that happens. At least with an earthquake, you know what to do and it only lasts for anywhere between 20 seconds to a couple of minutes.

The people on Channel 7 news (ABC) are saying you never get used to it. Grow up! Yes, you do. Just as long you are not in the epi-center and nothing is damaged, I just ride them out. My brother and I went to the doorway, and I said, 'Wheeee!' So give me a break! lol.

There are now aftershocks. They are saying Disneyland is evacuting everyone from the rides. Everyone is pretty calm, and he finds it amazing because there's a lot of out-of-towners there. I guess they probably thought it was part of the fun!

I'm going to sign off now. They don't know if this was a foreshock or the real deal. I have a clue for them. It was the real deal. Good grief. lol. Aren't I terrible? ;)

At this time, there have been at least 27 aftershocks with the biggest one being 3.6. The depth of this quake was 7-8 miles, and it was located 2 miles SW of Chino Hills. There is a 5% chance that this could be a foreshock, and within hours, usually 24, the chances lessen.

May you walk with the LORD always, and when you cannot take another step, may He carry you the rest of the way until you can walk along side Him again.

Cross-posted @ Rosemary's News and Ideas and Adam's Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful of others, so they may be respectful to you. Have a blessed day.