Publius Forum

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Congratulations President-Elect

It appears, according to exit polls, that Sen. Barack Obama has clinched the presidency. I, on the other hand, will wait until all the votes are counted before I add a name to, 'President-Elect'. I just do not trust exit polls.

Having said that, congratulations Sen. Obama. We had our campaigns, we fought them hard (not hard enough and there was no philosophy discussed by the Republicans), and now we have spoken at the voting booth. You won. We lost.

Now will you please stop calling us racists? Will you please consider the fact that we just disagree? Will you do all you can to bring the USA together? You can do this by not doing certain things. Some of them are: Do not cut off our relationship with Israel. Do not concede to the Arabs living in the Gaza Strip. Do not speak with Iran. Do not cut our defense department by 25% as you promised. Do not set up a civil defense inside the USA. We will fight you on this one. Do not go wobbly.

Here are some things you could do. You could support our Troops and make sure they have every tool necessary, that would include missile defense. You could trust us with OUR own money to make OUR decisions on how to spend it. Please care about the babies. The ones too small to take care of themselves. You know the kind. The kind that manage to escape that womb that wants to murder them even though they are a separate person now.

Anyway, this is not going the way I intended, so I am going to stop right here. I'm too afraid of you. Isn't that sad? I've never been afraid of another American so much as I am of you. Please distill this fear. Thank you.

PS. I just heard President-elect Obama speak, and I've decided to give him a cautious benefit of the doubt. (I would be cautious with ANY politician!) ;)

May you walk with the LORD always, and when you cannot take another step, may He carry you the rest of the way until you can walk along side Him again.

Cross-posted @ Rosemary's News and Ideas. Digg! Digg!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful of others, so they may be respectful to you. Have a blessed day.