Publius Forum

Monday, November 10, 2008

Devotional: 'I Don't Know'

A very good man, David Jeffers, writes these daily devotionals. This is one that I just had to ask if he would mind if posted. It explains how I have been feeling and wandering about since the election. You should read it, even if you are not religious. It makes such good, common sense.
I’ve already received dozens of emails from people trying to understand. I would love to write some brilliant words of understanding but I do not have them. I am seeking God trying to understand, but He is silent. That’s because He has already spoken in His Word and has rebuked our nation. Many, many Christians were praying for God’s deliverance based off of 2 Chronicles 7:14:

“…if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”

What we forgot is what I warned of in my book over two years ago:

As a nation, if we are willing to humble ourselves before God and acknowledge Him as the provider and sustainer of our great land, then God will do what He promised in 2 Chronicles 7:14. This is a favorite verse for evangelicals whenever the subject of America and its decline comes up. But what many evangelicals fail to remember and to share with the rest of America is verses 19-20:

“But if you turn away and forsake My statutes and My commandments which I have set before you, and go and serve other gods, and worship them, then I will uproot them from My land which I have given them; and this house which I have sanctified for My name I will cast out of My sight, and will make it a proverb and a byword among all peoples.”

Can we really expect God to not cast us out of His sight if we as a nation continue to turn away from Him and forsake His laws?

I forgot my own warning. I foolishly place my faith in Americans. America is a nation that was founded on Judeo-Christian principles and yet we are an apostate nation. Fearlessly speaking God’s Word has given way to political correctness; the absolute truth of the Bible has given way to the moral relativism of “enlightened” people.

God is rebuking America because the Church has not humbled itself and turned from its wicked ways and neither have I for that matter. I allowed myself to be moved by pragmatism instead of piety; I trusted haughtiness instead of holiness. So now comes the refining and it will not be pleasant but it will be much needed. I pray that God refines me, that He removes the wicked dross of worldliness from my life.

Although I do not have all the answers for what happened I do know this; God is still in control:

“Who has preceded Me, that I should pay him? Everything under heaven is Mine.” (Job 41:11)

I will not quit. I admit I was ready to last night. I am still angry because I cannot get over the feeling that bad behavior from one party’s leaders and its candidates was rewarded. They disparaged our military and our nation and the people rewarded them with more power. So be it because the other party behaved worse, and many of the pastors and Christian leaders and leaders of the pro-family/pro-life movement across America behaved badly. They rewarded bad behavior by supporting candidates of which God clearly does not approve. So did I.

Everything under heaven is God’s. I have no rights; I am a slave to Jesus Christ. That is how the brother of Jesus described himself at the opening of his letter:

“James, a bondservant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad: Greetings.” (James 1:1)

I am not my own, I was bought for a price, one that I could never pay. America is not its own, it was also bought at a price, one that no American could him or herself alone pay. We have become a nation that believes it is entitled and that clearly sold in this election.

“But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!” (2 Timothy 3:1-5)

Such are the times and I can think of no better to time for the Lord to revive my soul and my spirit because without revival there will be no revolution. So it was in the birth of our nation and so it is in what may be its twilight.

What is in store for our nation? I don’t know.

But for those of us who claim Jesus Christ we have the blessed hope of His return:

“And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work.” (Revelation 22:11)

I need to once again live my life with this truth.

Beloved, fear not.

I leave you with the last two verses in the Bible.

“He who testifies to these things says, ‘Surely I am coming quickly.’ Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus! The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.” (Revelation 22:20-21)

In Christ

Dave
Ps. 37:4


"If you're receiving these devotionals for the first time and would like to receive them on a regular basis, please click here and use "Please add to Devotional List" as the subject.
Maybe it is a touch too religious for those who think only of themselves and never wonder about Who created all of this, but I'm grateful you read this far. It shows you are open-minded. Does this speak to your heart? Would you like to receive devotionals everyday? Just e-mail Dave. BE NICE.

If I find out anyone from this site is cruel to a man who has lost his son, Eddie Jeffers, defending this country, you will be banned from here. I mean it. This man is not bothering you, so don't bother him. I just had to say my piece about this. There are some idiots out there.

Getting back to the point. Would you like me to pray for you? Please let me know by sending me an e-mail. You can find it in my profile. (Click 'view my profile'.) If you would like more people to pray for you, please e-mail David. Better yet, join our devotional. ;)

I love our Lord, Jesus Christ, and I cannot imagine living my life without Him. Not with all I've been through and witnessed. I know He is real. If you want to debate, again, I refer to the fact that I will ban you. This is one topic we can disagree on, but do not bother debating it with me. Especially not today. I'm just not up to it and for that, I apologize. I just want to cry. Have a nice day.

May you walk with the LORD always, and when you cannot take another step, may He carry you the rest of the way until you can walk along side Him again.

Linkfest Haven, the Blogger's Oasis

Friends I have trackbacked to through Linkfest and others: Political Byline: Open trackback, Open Thread, Faultline USA: UK's Gordon Brown Calls for the Creation of a Global Society, third world county: The Road Ahead, 1.4, Loyal Opposition My A**: The Familiar Ring, The World According To Carl: Uncle Jay Explains The News — November 10, 2008, DragonLady's World: An All-American Southern Geek’s View, The Pink Flamingo: The Emerging Cult of Obamamessiah, and Cao's Blog: Monday Open Track Back Party!, thanks to Linkfest Haven Deluxe.

Friends who have shared their posts for your reading pleasure:
1. Rosemary's News and Ideas: Devotional: 'I Don't Know'.
2. Right Truth: The Basis for a Strong Nation - Defending the United States Constitution.
3. Adam's Blog: Are You Ready to Be Ruled?

Cross-posted @ Rosemary's News and Ideas. Digg! Digg!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful of others, so they may be respectful to you. Have a blessed day.