Publius Forum

Sunday, January 4, 2009

O Precious Toes

Beautiful or ugly, long or short, what a treasure these tiny digits are! Imagine trying to walk without them, stand up, and so many things we take for granted...until we stub those little creeps into the metal leg of a chair and they put you out of commission!

Oh, the pain! It feels as though I broke it, but I can painfully move it. Now that it has been a few hours, I can no longer walk without excruciating pain. How can one stub their MIDDLE Toe? Well, I did it. So I give you - the 'Toe'. lol.

There is a parable in James 3:1-12 (not so much a parable as an analogy) regarding the little things that can cause so much good or so much harm. Especially the tongue. Oh my, you don't have to tell me that twice! Mine just wags when it should be still. Still practicing.

So it appears I have to trek on with my Cross to bear. No, no one else need carry my burden, but I would appreciate any prayers you can spare. ;)

May you walk with the LORD always, and when you cannot take another step, may He carry you the rest of the way until you can walk along side Him again.

Cross-posted @ Rosemary's News and Ideas and Trackback URI. Digg! Digg!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful of others, so they may be respectful to you. Have a blessed day.