Publius Forum

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

LB Tea Party Is On

The Police have given me the okay to have our Tea Party at Bixby Park (see map here), Long Beach, California, so it is a go! So far I have a total of one 20-30 people who are attending at noon until we leave on April 15, 2009, but I am looking forward to meeting many people from my area.

We were not able to protest by the Post Office or City Hall due to the fact that the Grand Prix will be here over the next weekend. Why not? You know why not, but the reason they gave me was because they have too much work to do during that week and no one is allowed to have any event during that week. Okay.

I still need volunteers, and I watched this PJTV Coalition Tea Party Show Kickoff (60 minutes) to get some ideas. I was right. They have some very good ideas. They will also be having daily coverage of the Tax Day Tea Parties all over our God-fearing, individualist, rugged, do-it-ourselves nation.

We are an honorable people, but we can be pushed too far. This government can cross that sacred line, and this they have done. Please find a Tea Party near you! [Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming. | Washington D.C.]

I feel quite inadequate, because I have no money and no help on this project. I can't even find a co-organizer! Oh well. Maybe this will be a good experience for the next time. I've learned how to fill out the Special Events application which it took them three weeks to figure out I did not need. Maybe I will the next time, though. I need to start way before 60 days prior to the event, and I need to be more active as far as contacting radio stations, newspapers, editorial sections, etc. I also need to get on the events listings sooner.

I was told I could not announce my event until everything was in place. Why? What a stupid law. Why is every other type of thing allowed to discuss publicly their 'plans in the making' in order to raise money or sell their product or stock, but I have to shut up? It's a messed-up world out there, and it's time we saved America. Let's get out there and truly enjoy ourselves, whether or not we get a big crowd. At least we'll be a part of something bigger than ourselves. Just ask any foreigner.

May you walk with the LORD always, and when you cannot take another step, may He carry you the rest of the way until you can walk along side Him again.

Linkfest Haven, the Blogger's Oasis

Today I am having an open trackback courtesy of Linkfest. This means you can (track)post your best post here. Remember to link me to your article before you trackback. You don't have trackbacks available? Why not use Wizbang Stand Alone Trackback? Everyone have a nice day.

Sharing this good news with Right Voices: UPDATED: "We will convey," said Barack Obama to the Turkish Parliament Monday, "our deep appreciation for the Islamic faith which has done so much over the centuries, Woman Honor Thyself: Obama Apologizing for ..well…Everything…except oh..Islam, The World According To Carl: Uncle Jay Explains The News — April 6, 2009, The World According To Carl: Mr. Jefferson (Music Video), Mark My Words: Does God Exist? More info on tomorrow's debate, Right Voices: Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac expect to pay about $210 million in retention bonuses to 7,600 employeesFannie Mae and Freddie Mac expect to pay about $210 million in retention bonuses to 7,600 employees...As Congress Adjourns For Easter Break, Nuke's: WFFOT: Linkage edition, Adam's Blog: Congress Move Towards Economic Fascism and Woman Honor Thyself: MK Haneen Zuabi: Get the H*ll out of ISRAEL!, thanks to the Linkfest Haven Deluxe, THE TYGRRRR EXPRESS: Events, Announcements, and Link Love.

Here are some posts my friends have shared with you:
1. The World According To Carl: Goofy Mail Order Catalogue Product (Maybe The Goofiest)
2. Potbelly Stove: The insanity continues!
3. Right Voices: Obama’s Reaction To Pirate Crisis: Ummmm' The Word From President Pantywaist - New Surrender Monkey on the Block.
4. Political Byline: Around the Sphere….
5. The World According To Carl: HAPPY EASTER!
6. Woman Honor Thyself: Capt. Richard Phillips Freed by Navy Seals!
7. Beagle Scout: Why Go To a TEA Party? Why Go Now?
8. Beagle Scout: EXPOSED: Top Level Left Wing Conspiracy of Lies in the UK.

Cross-posted @ Talon, TCU, SGP and Rosemary's News and Ideas. Digg! Digg!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful of others, so they may be respectful to you. Have a blessed day.