Publius Forum

Saturday, August 21, 2004

Iraq Defeats Australia!

Iraq defeated Australia 1-0! What a wonderful day!

My dear Australia,

I am very grateful for all of your sacrifices and commitment to the war against the terrorists that plague this world. For that, I am eternally grateful. This is the first time in Iraq's young freedom life that they have had an opportunity to compete without the fear of torture upon returning home. I am very proud of them. You gave them a run for their money, so it isn't as if you shouldn't be proud of yourselves, also. It was a very good game.

My dear Iraqi's,

I am very happy for and proud of you! You have done marvelously! About the remarks made by a couple of players, so what? We have people here that don't like President George Bush. The point is what? Besides that, freedom is a new concept to many of the young people who have never been free. I do not expect you to just know what to do, how to do it, how to feel about it, and/or what is appropriate or not.

Also, I do not believe this is attitude is the same of most Iraqi's. I have read too many blogs, and I have heard too many soldiers tell of their experiences in Iraq. They say that Iraqi people are generous, kind, warm, gentle, human beings who have lived in hell. You don't just stop being afraid because someone says it's okay now. I pray that your future comes soon, when there is true peace and trust. If you want it, you must demand it. Not of others, but of yourselves. That is how we began in America. We wanted freedom from taxation and England's boot on our neck more than they wanted to keep us as colonies. Today, they are a great partner!

Back to the game! WOW!!!! Now that I have everything said and out of the way, WOW!!!! Iraq is now one of the 4 best players in the WORLD! To read about the game itself, I recommend Nabil's site. He has kept me up to date on the games, and he has a very good site. Please check it out.

OLAY! OLAY! OLAY!

Well everyone, have a great day, and may God's peace be with you always.

Originally posted at My Newz 'n Ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful of others, so they may be respectful to you. Have a blessed day.