Publius Forum

Tuesday, March 8, 2005

In Court Again for Terri Schiavo

Originally posted at Causes of Interest.

(This post was originally written yesterday, March 7, 2005.)

Today the judge is hearing the claims by the Department of Social Services who want to delay the murder of Terri so they can have time to investigate the claims of abuse that have been raised. Pray as hard as you can for this judge to soften his heart-dare I say...if he has one-to allow Terri to live. Tell your friends, neighbors, and co-workers. This will not be carried by the MSM, because it isn't a crises, yet, and it isn't one that they made up. It is real. She is a real woman with a real life.

Let me explain why I am afraid of this outcome, should we fail. When I was 22, I had 2 strokes. I forgot my name, the alphabet, my address, and everything I had learned 2 days after graduating from college. I was in a coma for 2 1/2 weeks. It took me 1 1/2 years to learn how to walk in a way where you cannot tell I am limping. It took me 8-9 months to speak one syllable words. How much was I worth? I was a burden. They could one day decide that, being all alone in this world, I am worth nothing and my body would be better used for science. Where did we see this before? Germany...1938. Need I say more...?

Update: Dr. Alan Keyes spoke on the radio today with Michael Medved. It was a very passionate and persuasive conversation. He has some petitions you may sign if you would like to try to help. There is also a piece about Terri at World Net Daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful of others, so they may be respectful to you. Have a blessed day.