Publius Forum

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Genocide is on the Rise. Do You Care?

This is from a site I no longer have. Sorry. :)

The UN talks, the USA declares, the African Union watches, and the people of Darfur, Sudan die. Have we not had enough yet? Are we too busy? Is their skin color too dark? You all ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

How long? How many talks? Are you aware that over 400,000 people have perished while we sit around talking? That is one half the number of the people lost in Rwanda, and we said it would never happen again.

I seem to remember another time when we said, "Never again." We just honored the people who FOUGHT that war 60 years ago. Some never made it home. We knew from the beginning some would not. It is a very hard thing, but the fascists and genocide had to be stopped. (I understand that noone knew, at least to what extent, the genocide had occured.)

The horror is great, I still cannot look directly at it. The evil, I am afraid of it. It haunts me. Does it have no effect on you? Are you satisfied with your life to the point that you don't care about anyone else?

Okay. That is your choice, but do not get in my way as I beg President Bush to go in there and put a stop to this with our Military. I do not want to hear a peep out of you against me. Your silence, now, is deafening as it is.

I have written, I have called, and I happen to know that Senator Brownback has been working on a bill to help those in Darfur, Sudan. He needs our support. This is not a partisan issue. People, innocent men, women, and children, are dying because they are black, they are Christian, they are not the right Muslim, and just because. It has to stop. Now.

I will post more information on the bill so you can pressure your Senators and Congressperson. I am waiting for a call back as I type. I just feel very strongly about this. We can do this if we stick together.

Maybe if I describe to you what they do... Are you aware they are enslaving black Africans? They mutilate the young girls private area without anastesia. They rape, kidnap, pillage, murder, beat, torture, and this is all for fun? They are beyond sick.

It has been allowed to rise in April. This is why I am so angry. I can only pray that enough of you will see the truth about what is happening, and join me. Please read this article. Thank you.

Hat tip: Passion of the Present, (Darfur).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful of others, so they may be respectful to you. Have a blessed day.