Publius Forum

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Petition to Free Our Border Agents

I have received a petition from a group I know and respect very well, the Patriot Post. They have a petition with 58,000 signatures already to free Agents Compean and Ramos, but their aim is to have at least 100,000 signers in order to present this petition to Congress. We can do this. It is for a cause I believe to be just and appropriate.

A little background: Two of our border patrol agents are sitting in prison waiting for their appeal. They are in prison for what I consider to be doing their job. You may decide on your own. One of the agents was trying to arrest a drug smuggler (he had over 700,000 lbs of cocaine in his truck) when the smuggler wrestled himself free. This agent was now on the ground.

What happens next is the bit of contention. As he is running, he turns around. What do you do? If you are so smart, what do you do??? Does he have a gun? He's a drug smuggler. Most drug runners have guns. Is he going to shoot me? Should I wait and find out? Should I shoot one off just to scare him?

Let me give you a clue. By the time you have answered all of these questions, it won't matter. You are dead. If he has a gun. That's all the time it takes, and then plus some! I'm not sure of the order in which the events took place right here, so I will not pacify the urge to indulge you. I will simply admit I do not know.

I do know, however, that this dude ends up with a bullet going through his buttocks. (In and then out.) He runs and makes it across the border to Mexico. His partner, he AND ABOUT 7 OTHER AGENTS are there. Why didn't he report the incident? Why didn't he tell his captain that they picked up the shell casings? BECAUSE HE WAS WITH THEM. I am not going to my friend I what I had for lunch if she is the one who took me out in the first place! Duh!

Anyway, so that's where that stands. Getting back to the petition and the need for it. This drug smuggler, who received immunity to come and go as he pleased across the border and was arrested again for more cocaine, testified against the agents after OUR government went searching for him. BTW, the fact that he was arrested again for the very same crime was NOT allowed to brought to the jury's attention. It was inadmissible due to the fact it might influence the jury. HUH? NO KIDDING!

I'd better let you read the email before I get all upset...again.
"Free the Texas Three and Secure our Borders" -- a citizen petition calling on President Bush to commute the sentences of both former Border Patrol agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Alonso Compean, and their colleague, former Sheriff’s Deputy Guillermo Hernandez; asking Congress to insist that the DEA prosecute Mexican national Osvaldo Aldrete-Davila on felony drug distribution charges; and demanding that Congress and the Bush administration secure our borders.

I urge you to sign this petition today -- right now! We need 100,000 signatures.

To sign this petition online, link to -- PatriotPetitions.US.

If you don't have Web access, you can sign this petition by sending a blank e-mail to: sign-borders@PatriotPetitions.US.

Please forward this invitation to Patriot family members, friendsand associates.

Thank you!
I hope you decide to sign this petition. We need to stop this dangerous flaw of allowing just anyone from anywhere to come into our country. It is a privilege, not a right, to be here. Our border patrol agents are doing a very unforgiving, thankless job, and I thank them for it. Amen.

Update: BTW, did I mention that the Congress is having hearings on this issue this week? Yes, they'd like to find out the truth about what happened to these men as well. Thank you.

Update 2: This article has been picked up by Ft. Hard Knox...twice! Those are great articles over there. Honest. The title of both of these articles are: "Blog Honor Roll 08/01/07" and I was added as an update at the end of, "A Little Justice on the Way for Compean & Ramos?." Thank you, Jenn.

Add this post to Fark Add this post to Technorati Add this post to Del.icio.us Dig This Story

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful of others, so they may be respectful to you. Have a blessed day.