Publius Forum

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Good-bye Merv Griffin, and thank you

Merv Griffin died today from prostate cancer. He was 82. He was well-known for his contributions in the entertainment field. He created such game shows as The Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy. I'm sure there are many more things he has created, because I did not connect him with those. Yet when I heard he was in the hospital in terrible condition, my heart sank. We will miss you, Merv. Thank you for the many smiles and memories.

I want all of my male readers to hear me loud and clear. The only reason he lived as long as he did is because HE WENT TO THE DOCTOR. He was keeping his cancer in check, and the only way he could do that was to go to the doctor in the first place. Please, do not be afraid or embarrassed. It will save your life. So I expect each of you to get a check-up. Do it for me, okay? Thank you. Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful of others, so they may be respectful to you. Have a blessed day.