Publius Forum

Saturday, January 19, 2008

News you should know about

Howdy y'all. I'm just sitting here wondering why we even bothered to waste our time letting Congress know how strongly we feel about illegal aliens when you, in South Carolina, are only going to vote for John McCain, author of the amnesty bill. Hey, it wasn't me.

I would like to ask all of you to pray for one of our blogger friends. I was not given permission, so I will not use his/her name, but this person's marital partner has had a heart attack and is in the hospital. With all of the medical breakthroughs we have had in the last few decades, he/she should be just fine. It is pretty serious, though. I don't believe they have any breakthroughs to help people when they look death squarely in the face, whether it happens that way or not. It is very unnerving when you come that close to losing your best friend. God be with them every moment.

I caught up on some sleep I desperately needed. That feels good. I always feel a little 'off-key', however, when that happens. I do not do it on purpose. My body is sometimes the boss. *heh* (Thanks David for the *heh*. I'm stealing it. Isn't there something that says imitation is a form of flattery? lol) Getting back my monologue. Okay, dribble. ;)

There is so much I want to write about, but I do not have the time. There is an article in the Sudan Tribune titled, "Sudan wants released rebel monitors to leave Darfur ceasefire HQ". This article does not help any form of movement forward for peace between Khartoum and Darfur.

There is also an article written at Counter Terrorism Blog by Andrew Cochran titled, "The "Cartoon Jihad" - The Lie That Doesn't Die." The terrorists just will not leave this alone until everyone is silenced. My words, not his. The whole ordeal started out with a lie, but it shall be put down by the Truth.

The next article is also from the Counter Terrorism Blog by Olivier Guitta. The title of this is, "Europe faces up to Iranian threat." I found this one particularly interesting. Did you know, for instance, that the Dutch are considering banning altogether Iranian students? They have already refused three Iranian students who wanted to study nuclear techniques. Very interesting how they are getting tougher while the Left in America are going soft of Iran's nuclear weapons drive. Interesting indeed. This is happening because the NIE was released not too long ago. I guess no one read the part that said, "Iran could start up their programs anytime they felt like it".

Just for the record. I believe, if they actually did stop progress on their nuclear weapons, it was because WE WERE RIGHT NEXT DOOR. Everyone talks about international pressure? There's nothing like the good ol' US of A's Army and Marines to help you change your feeble-minded ways. When the Democrats started showing weakness, the war against Iran's weapons was lost. They started back up. Thank you, you useful idiots. The blood will be on your hands.

I have just stumbled upon these two articles by the same blog, Counter Terrorism Blog. The first one is titled, "Text of Original Senate Finance Committee Letter on Suspect Charities, Including IARA", and the second one is titled, "Another Indictment Shows Sophistication of Charity Operations". They are written by Andrew Cochran and Douglas Farah respectively.

The first one concentrates on terrorists financing and Congressional oversight with the IRS, while the second one concerns a newly released indictment. There is just one more that I would like to bring to your attention, and that is, "Al-Qaida's MySpace": How Suicide Bombers Are Being Recruited Online. It is written by Evan Kohlmann. Anyone who is following these monsters on the terrorists sites and forums, when they disappear, inform someone. They are showing up as suicide bombers for al Qaida.

That should be enough for now. Now I think I shall have a cup of tea (we don't have any) and relax. Yeah right! Oh brother. Please God, help us to elect someone who will actually KEEP OUR SOVEREIGNTY and win this war they are having with us, because you sure as heck couldn't convince me we are at war with ANYONE...

Each of the men writing for Counter Terrorism Blog is an expert in one field or another having to do with counter-terrorism. They do not always agree, which makes it a very good read. They do not act like children when they disagree, they present their facts and try to persuade the readers and the person with whom they disagree to agree with them. Or at least, if nothing else, to look at the data with fresh eyes. They are a very fine group of men, and I am very grateful we have them on our team.

Have a good day everyone.

Update: Debbie has written about the health of her husband and thanks us all for our prayers and concern, so it is okay for me to disclose her name. Please go to her site and send her your warm wishes, prayers, encouragement, and just plain old decent concern. Thank you.

Posts I have trackbacked to: Douglas Farah: Indictment of Another Islamic Charity Shows Possible Tradecraft, Right Truth: Reflections. Digg! Digg!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful of others, so they may be respectful to you. Have a blessed day.