Publius Forum

Friday, July 18, 2008

Founders' Daily Quote: 18 July 2008

"A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."

--James Madison (letter to W.T. Barry, 4 August 1822); Reference: Letters and other Writings of James Madison, vol. 3 (276).

This is why I do not understand why people who do not educate themselves even a little bit during these serious times think it is important for them to vote. That's correct. That is what I said. If you don't care enough to educate yourself, then why are you voting? You have no concept about what your vote will do to ME, who HAS taken the time because I love my country enough to get informed about the situations we face, the people from which we have to choose, their policies, their backgrounds - not their pretty words they say now to get elected, and I have many months (in hours) educating myself as to who is behind each candidate.

I don't expect you to do so much work. It is tedious, and it takes a lot of researching. That is why I do it for you. But I do NOT want you to just take my word for it! I am only a jumping off point, as should be any site that you read. Please, educate yourself. It is necessary if we intend to stay free...

Have a nice weekend.

Hat tip: Founders' Quote Daily.

Cross-posted @ Rosemary's News and Ideas.

May you walk with the LORD always, and when you cannot take another step, may He carry you the rest of the way until you can walk along side Him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful of others, so they may be respectful to you. Have a blessed day.