Publius Forum

Monday, July 21, 2008

Money is not America's God

For many years I have been arguing that the dollar is not the guiding force behind the American Dream. It is only a result of it. Allow me to explain.

America was founded upon an idea. The idea all men are created equal. The idea that Life, Liberty and Private Property were essential and attainable only by a free society governed by those chosen by the people to represent them.

Ideas are powerful things which need vigilant defending. Especially when they are as good as ours are. Those ideals were and are the fact that we are individuals, responsible for ourselves, we have the capacity to dream and to fulfill those dreams or at least to try, we strive for goodness, we know men are of an evil heart so we do not leave all power in the hand of any one person, we have ownership of property of the people not the government (although you'd never know it today), and along with all these ideals we have responsibilities that come alongside them.

The only thing I mentioned that costs money is the private property. That is the fruits of the freedom we possess because some people sacrificed their home comforts and went to fight for them. We did not get here freely, and we shall not remain here freely. We all owe a debt to one another to do our very best to do whatever it takes to remain free. Let's face it. If we are not free, what good is all the money in the world?

So where is this leading? Glad you asked. Wealth is not about money. Not in my book. In my book, this is what wealth is. I have a family that knows me and still puts up with me anyway because they love me, I have a roof over my head and food in my belly, I have everything I need and most of the things I desire, and I am equal to Bill Gates. I live in a country where I can strive to attain this or that, I have so many rights because they were given by God not man, and I am able to worship my Christian God as I choose. Show me another country with all of this. I dare you.

How did this country come to offer such freedoms and rights? Through wars. Many wars. Some declared but most not. This is not the first time we've had a run in with Islamo nuts. Does anyone remember the Barbary Coast? They were Muslims. Jefferson finally stood up to them, and we became famous for our Navy. (Okay, so I would like to think so.) Actually, they were stealing our trading ships, and we refused to pay the ransom. We went and took back our men, and that was the end to that.

NOT LIKE TODAY when Israel trades dead bodies for terrorists to appease a world that doesn't give a crap about them in the first place. Politically Islamists will not change their minds, because we are their enemies. They have declared war against us, and if you're not going to get on board, then get out of the way and let our men FIGHT.

War is not pretty. It is not courteous. It is not civilized. So stop expecting this from men who have been trained to handle these monsters. More men have died because of political correctness than anything else, and I, for one, am sick to death of it.

Our country IS worth fighting for, as we are in battle with them now. The one thing I would change about this whole scenario is that I would abolish the force behind the onslaught of murders, beheadings, rapes, hangings, genital mutilation, etc. Islam appears to fit the bill. We did it when we came here, we did it in Japan. Why can't we do it there? Don't tell me we're afraid, because we're not. It is not a religion of peace, it is a political war tool. As long as we fight as if they are equal, as if they read the geneva convention, they are going to win. That is the one thing I will not, cannot, accept.

What does this have to do with money? Ask the politicians! They can tell you how much we spend every month, and they can also tell you what they would prefer to spend that money on. Funny thing though. If we were not at war, there would NOT be this money. So please, tell me Sen. Obama and Sen. McCain, where would you get the money from because I'm sure not going to give it to you! It may be your god, but it certainly is not mine.

PS. Don't forget, the money we are spending for gas is going into the pockets of the terrorists indirectly. Are you walking when it is possible? The exercise is good for you. I have walked ever since my car was stolen. Long story, not going to tell it. How's that for short?

The accelerant that lit my beehive was that the banks are accepting money in a way that this group claims is under Sharia law. However I couldn't find the basis for this fact. (Maybe this has something about Sharia law.)

It still burns me up inside. If it is true, then they should all be shut down in my humble opinion. This is why I say we must rid this scourge from the face of the earth. I am not referring to the people who follow it, unless they are jihadis. Of course not. But if they don't choose America above this scourge, then get them out of here.

There is another article about a mole. It speaks about all the arrests of people who have already been allowed into this country, some are not even citizens and they have been HIRED by our own government and had access to sensitive secrets. Just what the heck is going on over in the State Department?! Oh yeah, diversity is their priority. Living just happens to be one of mine!

PSS. Remember this. We can serve one master. Some people believe in global warming as if it were their master, some people believe there is no God as their master. My master is the Lord Jesus Christ. Through Him, I can do everything, and I live in a land that was built on this principle along with the tenents of Christianity and the Ten Commandments. Thank GOD!

Cross-posted @ Talon and Rosemary's News and Ideas.

May you walk with the LORD always, and when you cannot take another step, may He carry you the rest of the way until you can walk along side Him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful of others, so they may be respectful to you. Have a blessed day.