Publius Forum

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Internet Explorer 8

If you have been resisting Internet Explorer 8 as I have, maybe it is time that we have no choice. Do you ever use YouTube? How about Twitter? Facebook? The Internet? Well, they are going to stop allowing me to use my IE 6. Creeps.

I have no choice. They shouldn't make products they are only going to get rid of down the line. What if people like them? Doesn't matter. They don't care. They've got their money, their fancy cars and the such. What about us poor people? What about rich people who don't have the time or desire to relearn everything they learned in the first place using the damn product in the first place? They don't care, and why should they? Makes me wonder about buying American from some companies...

Anyway, I'm going to do the switch, and I will keep you updated on the changes I find. If you are like me and blog, everytime you clean out your temporary files (in Internet Options), you will no longer have the choice of whether or not to keep them. You cannot. It will also clear your history whenever you clear your temp. files.

I've tried it before. That's how I know. That is also the reason I made them give me back my IE 6! Have a nice day.

Update 1: I want to scream! Nothing is where THEY say it is, I hate this friggin crap. I'm thinking about going Apple. Seriously. The way Windows threatens people by having it on every site I go to that if I did not do this, that particular place was going to stop accepting IE 6. Those bastards.

Update 2: I was so lost that I figured I would check out their help. They have an e-mail button, so I clicked on it. You know who the email went to? ME!?! So I figured I would share it with you.
Problem: Technical

I hate it, I hate it, I hate it! It is so frustrating when I have over 300 issues I have to report and you won't allow me to keep IE 6. Why not? I have to learn a whole new application just so I can continue my job? WHY? I don't have the time.

Oh, I've been to your help sites. I've looked for what they've said to look for to fix the situation. IT ISN'T THERE! Then what do I do? This is 1st grade stuff that you make grad school problems out of it. Please stop doing this to your customers, or I'm going APPLE!

My problem? How do I turn off these daggone accelerants that you seem to think are so cute? They block me everywhere I go, EVEN THOUGH I turned them off through the Wizard. Huh? They're still working even though I told them not to? Okay, I have time to figure this out.

Does the Military have time to wait for me to do this or should I get back to work? Where is your location? I'm sure you appreciate if I protected it, wouldn't you? Then please don't make threats such as, "We are going to stop responding to browser that are using IE 6." at YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Yahoo, everywhere I go. (Not a physical threat, no, but a job killing one.)

Please forgive my frustration. I have been so busy and now this. You'll never hear me say, "What could happen next?"!

Have a nice evening.

Sincerely,

Rosemary
Okay, I know I'm not in the military, but I do a lot for them. No, I don't get paid. So what's the talk about losing my job? I was seriously ready to give up ever getting on this computer again. It was a build up of a whole bunch of things that I don't feel like rehashing. The good news is, I'm over it. Have a nice day.

PS. IE 8 is SLOWER than IE 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful of others, so they may be respectful to you. Have a blessed day.