Publius Forum

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Racism: More Than A Word

Let's say a white man were president and he had the same ideology as Obama, would the response by those Tea Party Patriots have been the same? You bet your sweet buns. Why? Because we love our country and don't need anyone apologizing for her, we love our Constitution and are tired of both parties disregarding it after they swore on oath to protect it, and we also treasure our liberty which entails us, as individuals, to be responsible for ourselves, and not being slaves to any government.

Now that I have made my case as to why we oppose this president and it has nothing to do with race, we are called 'racists' because we disagree with the status quo (that being to agree with everything they believe in even though we do not).

When you call someone a 'racist', please make sure they are indeed a 'racist'. It is the same as when a woman cries 'rape' after the fact because she is mad and it turns out not to be true. What happens to her when she is actually raped? That's correct. People do not believe her. Worse than that, if there could be a worse, is the fact that it sets all women in a bad light. We have to fight very hard to get back to where we started from because of this.

When there is true racism, I want to know about it. I want it eradicated from our country. How can this happen when people like Maureen Dowd use this term so irresponsibly and often? She is not the only one by far, just the most recent.

Racism is a very hateful, ignorant, violent indecency that has plagued this nation long ago and sadly, still exists in some hearts. It is real, it is violent, it is ugly, and it should never be used as a means of shutting up the opposition when you have no other argument. Disagreeing with someone is not racist. You cannot judge another person's words on your own perception of them. Maybe you are harboring something we should know about?

Well Maureen, you are very unintelligent and harmful to the actual meaning of the word 'racism'. Because you give it so little thought or credence, you diminish the word. Is it because you live in a glass house? Is it because you have never slept with a black man? Yes, I said that. If you had, you might understand that racism is real and you don't go throwing words like that around on a whim.

Racism is so serious that it scars people for life. As I was growing up, I was called a n******-lover. That is only half true. I loved a black man (he was a REAL man), and I wasn't going to allow people like you to interfere with my life no matter how uncomfortable it made you feel. Did you ever stop to give a damn how you made me feel? No, you never did.

And now you're trying to make up for it? You're barking up the wrong tree, witch. If you only know how much I would rather use the other word! It is fitting, but I would like to think I'm above that. I know I'm not always, but at least I can admit it. Can you?

May you walk with the LORD always, and when you cannot take another step, may He carry you the rest of the way until you can walk along side Him again.

Cross-posted @ TownHall, TCU, SGP and Rosemary's News and Ideas. Digg! Digg!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful of others, so they may be respectful to you. Have a blessed day.