Publius Forum

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Decision 2010: CA District 37

I see I've forgotten to keep you up-to-date. Shame on me. I've been running all over the town opening up the wrong bank account, filling out the wrong papers, and finally making it to the registrars office. After that I had to go to some office to get DBA (doing business as...) so the checks and credit cards will say the same thing as my new site, Welch for Congress 2010.

Now it's time to collect 1000 signatures from supporters who believe that Washington needs a good shaking up. Did I mention that I'm running for Congress CD 37? Everything is over at the other site since there will probably be a good amount of time spent there. Of course there will also be the time spent walking the beat.

Do you think PayPal is better than the others to collect contributions? VeriSign costs over $1400, so that's out. Too bad. I like them. If you have any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated. Ideas on everything! If you would like to help me on this campaign, please get in touch with me. I hope you can work as a volunteer at first. Remember this is grassroots and there hasn't been much rain around these parts. haha.

My platform?

Strong defense. Fiscal responsibility which includes only those things that the people ratified in the constitution to be delegated to the federal government, free and fair markets, life, Liberty, and leave us alone so we can achieve our dreams without yours or anyone elses permmission.

Thanks you guys. You're the tops. God bless your families and you.

May you walk with the LORD always, and when you cannot take another step, may He carry you the rest of the way until you can walk along side Him again. Digg! Digg!

2 comments:

  1. Rosemary: Good for you, taking this huge step. I wish you good luck in this endeavor and hope you are successful.

    Debbie
    Right Truth
    http://www.righttruth.typepad.colm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie. I realize this is a little late, but I've withdrawn from the race to back Star Parker. She is a very bright, charming, intelligent woman, and I believe she has what it takes to get elected. I would not run against her. Remember Reagan's 11th Commandment? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful of others, so they may be respectful to you. Have a blessed day.