Publius Forum

Friday, January 1, 2010

NRO: What Were You Thinking?

I've waited a few days to gather my thoughts because I could not believe you would allow such an article to be published. Especially at such a time as this when there are brave Iranians being murdered, imprisoned, raped, sprayed with gas, etc just because they want the same rights you enjoy and I thought you cherished.

Rights such as freedom of speech, freedom to be left alone from the government, the right to tell your government when you don't like what they're doing (redress), the right to believe God however you choose (if you so choose), the right to not be molested in your own your own home, the right to be safe within your own person, the right not to be imprisoned for bogus charges which you sometimes don't get for many months, the right to have your lawyer with you during the 20 minute trial, etc.

If you do cherish these things, then why in God's name did you publish this?

Open Letter to NRO.

Dear Ms. Lopez, Mr. Lowry... et al at the National Review magazine.

I came across this shameful piece by your contributor M. Krikorian on NRO Corner today. [Screen shot of the post]

I'm an Iranian activist living in Canada. Moved to this country in [...] as a political activist since I couldn't operate in Iran any more and for as long as I can remember, I have read the National Review's great material online (at least since 2000-2001). I've been pro-America, Pro-Bush, Pro-US Military, anti-Islam, anti-Iran's regime, and I'd like to say your articles on Iran were illuminating and full of hope at a time when we felt the whole world had left us in the darkness of the jail also known as Iran. But tonight, I am very troubled by this shameful post, especially this statement:
"So, terrible as it is, it's actually in our interest for the Iranian regime to hold on as long as possible, and crack down as brutally as it can, so as to radicalize (i.e., de-Islamize) as much of the population as possible."
How dare you? To hold on to power as long as possible so you get a kick out of it? It shows the ignorance and silliness of the author. It shows the level of naivete of the author and goes to show how little he might know about the Iranian society. As far as I am concerned, the religion of Islam is a dead one in Iran. Hordes of people leave Islam and turn to other sources of spirituality, ie Buddhism, Zoroastrianism and Christianity or Baha'i faiths. Is your ignorant author happy that the innocent Iranians are being murdered on a daily basis? Does he not understand that every single day this regime holds to power means a day closer to having a nuclear armed Iran on our hands? [Continue reading The Spirit Of Man: Open Letter To NRO.]
Worse is better? What the hell does he think they are doing, throwing a party? THEY ARE BEING TORTURED, ASSASSINATED, and worse. The Chinese tanks are now there. Would he care to watch another Tiananmen Square? Would that be better for the world?

I don't get it. Maybe you can explain it to me since I'm so stupid. You wouldn't answer Winston's emails. He is my friend, and he has many more. I would rethink your policy of silence and answer him with an apology. Happy New Year. Yeah right...

May you walk with the LORD always, and when you cannot take another step, may He carry you the rest of the way until you can walk along side Him again. Digg! Digg!

Hat tip: Winston: The Spirit of Man: Open Letter To NRO.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful of others, so they may be respectful to you. Have a blessed day.