Publius Forum

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Porkers should fear me

I love this mission. I have always wanted to do this. I do not know exactly how I am going to do it, but I will find the truth because it is out there.

The porkers I am referring to are our very own legistators. They write the laws that make a grown man cry, then they excuse themselves from such obedience! (I started out writing a sentence to the song, "Piano Man". Yeah, okay. So I'm a little sick. lol)

What I am specifically targeting is those legislators who think they can take our money at gunpoint, and spend it any willy-nilly way they feel.

Well, thanks to Rep. Jeff Flake (AZ-R), there is now sunlight in the Congress. He has succeeded in his endeavor to fight the good fight against pork-spending. No more secret amendments. No more midnight slip-of-the-paper-amendment tricks. Each item must be voted upon, and each item is indeed recorded into the record.

There is also a great article written by the Club for Growth. Mr. Roth has begun a country-wide, district by district, hunt for bloggers who are willing to rise to the challenge of watching their Congressman to make sure they are doing what they were sent to Congress to do.

Help us to rid ourselves of those who have a complete disregar for the taxpayers. That's you and me. Help us to shame them, if there is any still in existence. May we work together for a freer, better market, and with this, a free and better America. Thank you.

PS. If you are interested in joining in this fight against porkbarrel spending in Congress, please contact aroth AT clubforgrowth DOT org.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful of others, so they may be respectful to you. Have a blessed day.