Publius Forum

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

9/11 and The Military

I've been through many things in my life, and I've come out of each of them scathed but alive. This thing? I still do not have the words. Nothing compares. My apologies.

I have found some people who have written beautifully about people they did not even know. Maybe they speak for me?

First we have one from 123beta called, "Never Forget." It is beautifully written and well researched. Very great job. Then there is an article from Blue Star Chronicles called "More Thoughts on 9/11. This is a well thought and researched article. I can only imagine the difficulty as they went deeper into this person's life.

The one that touched me the most, however, was written by DeMediacratic Nation. It is called, "2996 Jill Marie Maurer Campbell: A 9/11 Tribute. Maybe it's because of Jill, or maybe it's because of the research. Somehow, I was very touched.

Last year (or was it the year before?) there was an opportunity for bloggers to receive a name and to do a story about that person's life. I was misled into believe it was spam. I regret that now, but I don't know if I could have handled it, to be honest. Thank you to everyone who stepped-up to the plate and did your (and my) part in remembering these beautiful people.

Lest we forget...

On this day, let us remember also all of those who are in harms way to protect us here at home. Whether they are first responders or Rangers in the Marines, I want to send a great big THANK YOU to you. You are not forgotten, no matter what you may read or hear. For every piece of trash that is out there, you can be sure that there is at least 100-1,000 times more support for you that will never hear about because it does not fit the agenda. But don't you ever think that this support doesn't exist. Just ask Morgan, my Hero. :)

No day of remembrance would be complete without the inclusion of Blackfive's site. One of the authors, Mr. Wolf, has written a very good article about another site, Home Of Heroes. This man, Mr. Doug Sterner, is collecting all of the information about the medals EARNED, no matter their rank or service, or even when they served. This is an awesome site that I highly recommend. Even when you are not losing heart!

This is a heartfelt post about a Polish woman who wanted us to know that we are not alone. God bless this woman's heart! (Written by Blackfive.)

Blackfive has posted an article about a man who KNEW he was going to die, but he went back into the inferno to save those who were still inside. This is the kind of man he has always been. Now we are trying to get President Bush to honor him with the Medal of Honor. Please sign this petition for Rick Rescorla. You may read Blackfive's 'Someone You Should Know' here.

There is so much more at Blackfive's site. Please visit his site today and often.

There is also a site I would like to include. This would be Mudville Gazette. This is a fine site that is run sometimes by Greyhawk's wife when he is called to serve. He is a true man. He answers the call. He also has a fine post about Rick. He has some more and different information that may interest you. Please check it out.

I'd like to write more, but I can no longer see the screen...have a nice day.

Linkfest Haven, the Blogger's Oasis

On this day, 9/11/2007, I choose this post for my open trackback. What better post than one which is devoted to both on that horrific day and for our Troops who are yet in harms way?

These are the posts I've trackbacked to: Diary of the Mad Pigeon, Perri Nelson's Website, DeMediacratic Nation, Right Truth, Big Dog's Weblog, Inside the Northwest Territory, The Populist, The World According to Carl, Nuke's News & Views, Planck's Constant, Conservative Cat, Pursuing Holiness, Outside the Beltway, Pirate's Cove, Webloggin, DeMediacratic Nation, Adam's Blog, and Conservative Thoughts, thanks to Linkfest Haven Deluxe.

These are the people that were kind enough to trackback to this post:
1. 123beta: Never Forget.
2. Stop the ACLU: 9/11 Remembered…Open Post.
3. The New Afghanistan After Years of War: Unforgettable Day.
4. DeMediacratic Nation: The Fruits of Four Years of Investigation and Negotiation: Iran and the IAEA.
5. The Florida Masochist: From the Silly News Desk.
6. Gulf Coast Hurricane Tracker: TD # 9 forms RIGHT ON TOP OF US.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful of others, so they may be respectful to you. Have a blessed day.