Publius Forum

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

How NOT to move

Oh my, I almost missed my deadline! Well, it's a deadline I gave to myself when I was just beginning blogging. I used to blog every once in a while. I didn't take it as seriously as I thought I should, so I promised myself to write at least once a day.

It has been rather difficult these days. During this move, I am finding things I've forgotten I needed to move. My friends are helping me move, yet I sometimes have the email turned off. I am doing a lot of behind the scenes work, like transferring links, and I'm forgetting to check for trackbacks.

Well, that last one was not entirely my fault. I could not understand why no one was trackbacking to me, so I went to investigate. Then I noticed that one of friends had put the moderator on, to my surprise! I've never used this (except at sites that I don't visit), so I was a little relieved to be honest. Then I spent hours trackbacking to the wrong post and unable to correct it.

If I have trackbacked to you about the wrong topic, please let me know. lol. I will try to correct that. I don't know how I'm going to move my pictures over to my new site. I also added www. Now, it doesn't matter if you use the www. or not, because I have them both set to accept either.

I have to get my feedburner going correctly, and so many things I should have thought of before I said it was okay. NEVER say it is okay until you have changed everything you want to take with you. I have a sitemeter which I thought about first. :)

My goodness. Why didn't anyone tell me that I was going to need to do all of these things? That is the reason I writing this post. So that anyone who is thinking about moving will know that you cannot do it in a hurry. Especially if you are going out there on your own. More importantly, especially when you can't read the language! Argghhh!

I am quite sure I have not covered everything, so if you feel the need to switch your IPS, please feel free to e-mail me. I'm sure I'll more to say about this. Have a great day.

Linkfest Haven, the Blogger's Oasis Add this post to Fark Add this post to Technorati Add this post to Del.icio.us Digg!

This is my post for today's open trackback. I believe it is my duty to warn you! (OMG! It's 6:49am the next day, Wednesday, because I fell asleep at the computer again! I am still going to count it as written last night, because, well, I did. I just never got it posted. lol) I would appreciate it very much if you would at least give Linkfest a chance. This group of people are wonderful, and they have given people like me the opportunity to meet some very wonderful people through these open trackbacks. I also get to read all these articles that I did not have a chance to write. They really make me feel like I have everything covered because of them. You may still trackback from here, but please join us at Linkfest. I promise you won't be disappointed. :)

These are the people whom I have trackbacked to: Blog @ MoreWhat.com, Faultline USA, Right Truth, The World According to Carl, Nuke's News & Views, Cao's Blog, Gulf Coast Hurricane Tracker, Dumb Ox Daily News, Right Voices, Pursuing Holiness, The Yankee Sailor, CatSynth.com, The Amboy Times, Outside the Beltway, Perri Nelson's Website, DeMediacratic Nation, Adam's Blog, The World According to Carl, Webloggin, Conservative Cat, Right Voices, Pirate's Cove, third world county, and The Yankee Sailor, thanks to Linkfest Haven Deluxe.

The people whom have trackbacked to this post may found in the comment area at Rosemary's Thoughts at WP. Thank you. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful of others, so they may be respectful to you. Have a blessed day.