Publius Forum

Monday, November 12, 2007

Thank you for my freedom


Thank you for this beautiful day.
Thank you for the days that are far too glum.
Thank you for the days I smiled.
But most of all, thank you for my freedom.

Thank you for the roof over my head.
Thank you for my comfortable bed.
Thank you for my running water.
But most of all, let us never forget our dead.

Thank you for the fresh air I breathe.
The breath of freedom, I do concede.
Thank you for all your sacrifices.
Just so this stranger may live free.

Thank you for your love of country.
Thank you for the love you share amongst your brothers.
Thank you, families left behind, for enduring the long, lonely nights.
Thank you for fighting for the freedom of others.

Thank you to those who are far from home this day.
I cannot imagine your struggles.
Have faith, my dear friends, hang on.
The day shall come when you receive all your huggles.
(New word.)

You are so special to me, as you may tell.
I cannot find the words of gratitude you are due.
My hope on this day is that ya'll will know,
Yesterday, today and tomorrow I will owe a debt to you.

Not a debt of money, for that would tarnish your honor,
Not a debt of worldly words, for those you've heard before.
Yet I do believe that if it were not for you,
America would exist no more...

Dear Morgan, thank you. It is not my best poem, but it is for you and all the others. Keep the faith, my dear friend. We do appreciate you so very deeply. Our prayers are with you, and 'O' and Maniac. Also your teams. Take care on this and every day. God bless you, and God bless America. In Jesus' precious name. Amen.

Linkfest Haven, the Blogger's Oasis Digg! Digg!

Posts I've trackbacked to at Linkfest: Perri Nelson's Website, Diary of the Mad Pigeon, Blog @ MoreWhat.com, Right Truth, The World According to Carl, Shadowscope, Stuck On Stupid, The Amboy Times, Wake Up America, Conservative Cat, Right Voices, Adeline and Hazel, Pet's Garden Blog, Outside the Beltway, third world county, DragonLady's World, The Populist, Pirate's Cove, Leaning Straight Up, The Bullwinkle Blog, Dumb Ox Daily News, and High Desert Wanderer, thanks to Linkfest Haven Deluxe.

Posts I've trackbacked to at OTA: OTA Extended Weekend, M. Dragon Lady's World, M. Perri Nelson's Website (M, W, F), M. Faultline USA.

Trackbacks to this post (most recent tb listed first):
9. Blue Star Chronicles: George Clooney Says Liberals Would Have Saved Salem Witches.
8. Blue Star Chronicles: Now I Know Why I'm So Smart!!!! LOL.
7. Truth in Cosmetic Surgery Blog: Kayne West's Mother Dead after Cosmetic Surgery.
6. Planck's Constant: The Difference Between Jews and Muslims.
5. 123beta: Feel Good Story Of The Week.
4. Planck's Constant: The Arab Contribution to Civilization: Nothing Lately.
3. Public Domain Clip Art: A Christmas Carol Charles Dickens.
2. CommonSenseAmerica: State of Georgia turns to God.
1. Conservative Cat: It's All My Fault, and I'm Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful of others, so they may be respectful to you. Have a blessed day.