Publius Forum

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Tony Snow 53 RIP

I am in shock. I was under the impression that he had beaten his colon cancer, but he did not. He went Home to Heaven today. I pray for his wife and his children to be comforted in the fact that they knew him for as long as he was given to us and know how very much he loved them. Seek the LORD, for He will comfort you.

To all you men out there, GET A PROSTATE EXAM. NOW. I don't want to hear it. Too many of my friends are dieing on my, and I just can't take it anymore.

Have a nice day.

Update: I wasn't sure, but yes, many people are awake and blogging already about Tony. They seem to of have had the same reaction as I did. Here are a few of these bloggers:

Sister Toldjah: RIP, Tony Snow. (She has much better info than I do.)
Pirate's Cove: Tony Snow Passes Away At 53.
Stop the ACLU: Tony Snow Passes Into History.
Hat tip: HotAir: Tony Snow, Former White House Press Secretary and FOX News Anchor, Dies at 53 (FoxNews.com)
The White House: President and Mrs. Bush Saddened by Death of Tony Snow.

Update II: While I was going around trying to trackback to those articles whom I have mentioned, I came upon this post: Flag At Half-Mast For Tony Snow, May He Rest In Peace, which is quite respectful and very decent. Why do I find this unusual? He is on the other side of the aisle, and I usually don't find many pleasant posts on that side. Mind you, we have enough sites which are unpleasant to them as well, so you can see where my respect comes from for this site, Gun Toting Liberal. Please visit him. Let me know what you think of his beautiful 'good-bye' to Tony. Have a good day

Update III: A dear friend of mine whom I've known since the beginning of my blogging career has found me over at WP and left me a warm comment about Tony Snow. Then I realized I had not put up my flag at halfmast! I would like to thank you, Paul, for keeping me in check. However, I'd much rather have Tony back...*tears*

May you walk with the LORD always, and when you cannot take another step, may He carry you the rest of the way until you can walk along side Him.

Cross-posted @ Rosemary's News and Ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful of others, so they may be respectful to you. Have a blessed day.