Publius Forum

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Topics: Personal, Military, Politics, Religious

I know most people don't like to read about personal stuff, but that's okay. I'm going to write about it anyway. There are other topics I'm writing about as well: Military, Politics and Religious. Choose your medicine.

Have you ever entered a buccoo amount of code only to find that server just took you offline? Well, that's what I've been doing tonight. I couldn't believe it! How did anger the 'ISP god'? (There is no ISP god, but something is going on there. lol) I was able to fix it and save my work. That is fantastic!

If you'll notice, I've changed the font size and look for my posts and my links on the sidebar. I like my links smaller than the text so as not to distract the reader. I don't know. I'm just weird like that. To be fair, I like it better like that. ;)

I have now kept my promise to write once a day. Do I have anything else to say? You bet! I have some Military News that you may interested in reading. What I do is copy it off the CentCom website or feed or email so that it can be read without having to scroll over and back and over again. Their news is larger than the screen. I don't like that. Otherwise, I would write a summary and send you there. We good on that? Okay, here goes:

New air traffic control tower to expand TQ’s capabilities.

05 December 2007
By Sgt. Wayne Edmiston
2nd Marine Logistics Group.

AL TAQADDUM, Iraq - The AN/TSQ-120B is a temporary air traffic control tower used by Marines in expeditionary operations until a more sturdy structure can be built. Although designed for just 90 days of continual use, the one at Al Taqaddum Air Base has seen more than its share of sorties since it was raised during the early stages of Operation Iraqi Freedom. [Continue reading this post on my site.]

USAF engineers improve Marine quality of life in Iraq.

05 December 2007
by Staff Sgt. Travis Edwards
332nd Air Expeditionary Wing Public Affairs.

AL ASAD AIR BASE, Iraq (AFPN) - Airmen are improving the lives and operating conditions of Marines by constructing more than $9.8 million in aircraft shelters, taxiways and temporary shelters at Al Asad Air Base. Deployed in an "in-lieu-of" tasking in support of the 20th Army Engineer Brigade, 557th Expeditionary REDHORSE Squadron Airmen are completing numerous projects -- from the design concept to completion -- in a joint service environment. [Continue reading.]

CF Treat 450 Afghans During Medical Outreach.

30 November 2007
By Senior Airman James Bolinger, USAF
Combined Joint Task Force 82 Public Affairs.

BAGRAM AIR BASE, Afghanistan – The towns of Eskandareh and Pacha Khak hide deep within the mountains of the Kohe Safid district in Afghanitan’s Parwan province. Eskandareh is near the head of Tagab Valley, and Pacha Khak has been a stronghold for many armies throughout Afghanistan’s history. [Continue reading.]

I also have some information on the candidates' positions on Iran:

Candidates views per Iran.
As we all know, Iran is seeking to attain nuclear power. Some may argue that this power may be domestic only, while others suspect that it was desired for nefarious purposes. One of those purposes being nuclear weapons. Therefore the Israel Project asked each candidate for their position on this issue (Iran). [Continue reading.]

This should keep you busy enough for me to really dig into something so I can write about my personal views on it. If you didn't know, I have given up blogging first thing when I wake up. Yes. It's true. Why?

Because it became my god. Plain and simple. Did I worship blogging? Did I sing songs to or about it? No. Did I neglect my time reading the Word of God? YES. I confess my sin right here and now. I do not desire that anything should come in between my Saviour and I. There is NOTHING here on earth that ever could fulfill my heart and my life such He.

How do I know I was neglecting my time? I forgot verses and chapters and even the books I used to know in order to give answers to anyone who would ask me a question about God, Jesus, Church, etc. When that happened and I saw a lesson it this week, the Word convicted my heart. That only happens when I need it to happen. Sometimes I wish I would listen sooner, but better late than never.

So I shall be having Bible study with God and myself when I wake, and what a beautiful thing that is! If anyone would care to join in, just write me an email. I'm sure we could work something out, maybe through IM? Don't worry though, God is in control. ;)

Linkfest Haven, the Blogger's Oasis

Posts I've trackbacked to at Linkfest and others: Right Pundits: Ask the Candidates about Sex with Robots, Adam's Blog: Post of the Day for January 2, 2008, Right Truth: Sex with Sheep, Celebrity Smack: Sausage Links, Leaning Straight Up: 2008 day 1: The insanity begins already, Cao's Blog: Mid-Week OTB, The Amboy Times: Iran's 19 Nukes, Big Dog's Weblog: Is Edwards' Bus a Campaign Omen?, Gulf Coast Hurricane Tracker: Misinterpreting the Weather? Only by the alarmists, Right Voices: DNC Accused Of Discriminating Against Homosexuals, thanks to Linkfest Haven Deluxe.

Trackbacks to this post (most recent tb listed first):
11. Adam's Blog: Grassroots Pundits: Iowa Caucuses Aftermath.
10. Planck's Constant: Learn Your Country`s Language or Get Out.
9. Diary of the Mad Pigeon: The Wizard Series Part II: Learning to Ink Scrolls - Again.
8. Right Truth: Terrorism and Politics.
7. The Four Color Media Monitor: I held out hope until the end, but it looks like Quesada has done it.
6. Tel-Chai Nation: British Muslims support Red Ken Livingstone.
5. Gulf Coast Hurricane Tracker: More storms due to different (better?) naming phil.
4. third world county: Ave Jerry! *heh*.
3. The Amboy Times: Honor Killings in Dallas?
2. Shadowscope: Thursday Open Track-Back.
1. Faultline USA: Will Iowa Conservatives Pick a True Leader??? Digg! Digg!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful of others, so they may be respectful to you. Have a blessed day.