Publius Forum

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

What a wake-up pain in the neck, lol

First, let me apologize for taking so long to post your trackbacks. Ya see, they were not showing up on my site, so I didn't know they were there. I do not know what is happening with haloscan, but I seem to have temporarily fixed the problem. It seems that somehow the trackbacks were put into moderation, which I did not have as my setting. I did not know what to do, so I e-mailed them. Of course, but I have not heard back. (I haven't exactly checked, though, so I may be incorrect on that. lol)

Anyway, since I never used the moderation, I didn't know how to 'okay' the trackbacks. So I proceeded as usual. I fidgetted. I tried a little of this and a little of that, and I finally hit the correct way. If this EVER happens to you, all you have to do is:

1. Go to 'Manage Trackbacks'.
2. If you notice there are trackbacks there that have not shown up on your trackback page, continue.
3. On the left side is the name of your post, in the middle is the trackback, these are the two I am discussing.
4. Click on YOUR post's link.
5. This will take you to YOUR trackback page.
6. I tested it to make sure, and my trackbacks were gone.
7. I tested the same link I tested, and it reappeared. So don't freak out if it disappears. ;)

That is our lesson for today about how to go around haloscan when the *itch doesn't want to act right. Now I have to go so I can check my e-mail. lol. Have a great day everyone!

PS. I've just noticed that sometimes it shows and sometimes not. I found a way to fix that, too. Just hit 'refresh', and you should be good to go. If you try to leave a trackback and are still unsure whether or not I received it, please e-mail me. (It isn't working for comments, either.)

Update: Haloscan has informed me about a 'hard refresh'. To do this, simply use the Shift+Refresh at the same time. That's pretty cool. I didn't know that little trick. Thank you, Haloscan.

(Original post time is 4:12 am, but I want to move this up above the other articles. This way I can see if any trackbacks are being held back.)

These are posts I have trackbacked at Linkfest:
Blog @ MoreWhat.com: Blog @ MoreWhat.com.
A Newt One: Why we don't post many liberal comments.
Right Truth: Suddenly the government thinks the Mexican border is a mess.
Big Dog's Weblog: Obama Need To Go On the Offensive.
Conservative Cat: Conservative Cat.
Pursuing Holiness: Well, what's your plan, then?
With many thanks to: Linkfest Haven Deluxe.
1389 Blog - Antijihadist Tech: Foehammer: Anvil Outage Caused by Islamist DDOS Attacks.
1389 Blog - Antijihadist Tech: Ezra Levant Takes Down Canadian “Human Rights” Commission.

Linkfest Haven, the Blogger's Oasis Add this post to Technorati Add this post to Del.icio.us. Digg! Digg!
Trackbacks to this post (most recent tb listed first):
6. The World According To Carl: Godly Wisdom — January 24, 2008.
5. Right Truth: Civil War for Americans.
4. Blue Star Chronicles: Scarlet Johanson Visits Kuwait - Video.
3. Blue Star Chronicles: Scarlett Johansson Brings USO and Cheer to America.
2. Planck's Constant: Hitler Cats.
1. Woman Honor Thyself: SuccesS Causes Drinking?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful of others, so they may be respectful to you. Have a blessed day.