Publius Forum

Monday, April 28, 2008

Another anchor on the GWOT

As I have stated several times before, the DoD is at war and the DoS is asleep. This is a disaster. Not could be, it is. The State Department has now declared that the words 'jihad' and 'mujaheddin' are unacceptable language to be used by our government. Okay. Then what, pray tell, do we call these animals that are whacking off people's heads? Will they now be allowed access to due process if McCain wins and shuts down Gitmo?

Who is going to define this war? I can do that. We are fighting Political Islam. Many people are afraid to say so, because they don't want to offend anyone. Neither do I, but how else can we win if we don't define the enemy? Hitler had the Nazi's, Stalin had the Communists (which are now teaching in our schools). So we are supposed to say we at war with those nice boys who just happen to be Muslims? NOT ME, thank you very much.

What I am saying is not very nice to the Muslims who are not following the faith, but I am not supposed to be nice when I am telling the truth. A branch of their religion is threatening to destroy the integrity, perpituity, and the liberty of my country!

So you would like to know what put the in spark in me this morning? I was reading at the CounterTerrorism Blog when I came across this piece by Jeffrey Breinholt:
Bill West's post (immediately below) hits on something I started worrying about today as I thought more about the practical implications of the State Department's decision to forbid government employees from publicly using the terms jihad and mujaheddin. Plenty of post-9/11 indictments contain these words. They are also in the names of terrorist organizations. How is this going to work where the government employee is a prosecutor or FBI agent responsible for describing a defendant's words?

I first became aware of the terms from the news reports of the 1993 WTC attack and the trial of Sheik Rahman in the New York Landmarks case a few years later. I joined the Justice Department’s Terrorism Section in 1997, and soon found myself reading FBI reports frequently containing these words. If the State Department’s edict applies to the Justice Department (which it purports to, though I have doubts it will apply this far), it is going to complicate efforts to redress terrorism in American courts.

Anyone who doubts this should read Andrew McCarthy’s excellent book, Wilfull Blindness: A Memoir of the Jihad, which will soon be released by Encounter Books, about his prosecution of the Sheik Rahman case. If Justice Department and FBI personnel find that they are in a trick bag because of the State Department’s decision, I hope they will contact Bill, Andrew, me, or any law enforcement friend now on the outside, so we can shed some sunlight on this problem.

The views in this article are not those of the Department of Justice. [Source: CounterTerrorism Blog.]
What, pray tell, shall we tell our Soldiers to call them (besides the usual scumbag)? This just does not make any sense to me which is why I believe it did come from the State Department. They have been trying to sink this war from the beginning, and I don't believe they'll be happy until they do. After all, this is the department where all those leaks came from to the NY Times and the Washington Post. But that's another post.

Now that I've ranted about this, let us find a solution. I find there is no use in ranting without a more successful outcome. What we can do is to call the State Department at 202-647-4000 and bug the daylights out of them. Another thing we can do is contact any and all congressmen and senators toll free at 866-340-9281! Have at it. Let these servants of ours know that the State Department is at it again, and we demand they leave the Justice Department and the DoD alone to fight this we ARE fighting. If we don't fight this war, the enemy will not stop fighting. What would that make us? THAT is UN-American.

PS. Whenever you call the Capitol, please remember to be polite. I know most of you already know this, but I just like to remind everyone. This way, I remind myself. ;)

Cross-posted @ The Talon.

Posts I've trackposted to: The Amboy Times: Anatomy of Surrender, Woman Honor Thyself: FAT-wa on Barbie?, Planck's Constant: Barbie Conquers Iran, The Yankee Sailor: Tuesday Open Post, 123beta: Pink's Get Punked, Beagle Scout: Wicker on the KC-45 Contract and Boeing’s Challenge, Beagle Scout: Smiley Face Killers: Life Imitates Grand Theft Auto, Beagle Scout: Blast from the Past: Bill Buckley on the Trojan Horse of American Public Education, A NEWT ONE: War News: Muqtada al-Sadr and al-Qaeda?, Right Truth: The problem is ignorance, as Obama turns tail and denies Rev. Wright and his church. Digg! Digg!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful of others, so they may be respectful to you. Have a blessed day.