Publius Forum

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Thoughts On Christmas Day

Today has been one of the most wonderful days of the year. My brother baked a birthday cake for Jesus the Christ, he put in a quilt-type blanket with santa claus pictures covering the bottom two sides with a circluar blanket of a wreath atop it. There were three candles, one for the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. He made the cake into a Cross by using white frosting and Hershy's mini-chocolate bars. It came out beautifully! It was my Christmas present.

See, he believes people should live everyday as if it were Christmas. This has been a bone of contention between us ever since...well...forever. I love Christmas. I love the decorations, the smells, the big dinner, and oh yeah, Jesus.

Christmas Day 2008That is why I am writing this. I was so caught up in tradition and 'my way' that Jesus, while always being my reason for the season, was almost never included in the planning for the day.

This year, we said prayers before we blew out the candles. This is the best Christmas yet!

Now I would like to confess some things. I have not been spending the time I ought in the Word. I am tired of having to somehow read all these e-mails I receive (NOT yours, George!) and then finding the time to rewrite them on my personal site. Why do I feel the obligation to do this? Because I am asked to by the sender.

I have lost myself and my ability to be able (allowed) to do my own researched on the issues that are important to me. I've never seen anyone else write about Indo-Pak peace talks. This is a big deal, but no one had the inclination to write about it. Why not? As I said in my analys, it would make President Bush look good, and we just can't have that, now can we. The press disgusts me.

(This was just one example on one topic of my writing skills.)

Anyway, I just wanted to share with you the way I used to write articles. Also I want to share with you the fact that I would like to get back to reading my Bible everyday. My bifoculs are finally here, so maybe now I can read easier. That would be wonderful! I would like to write about our current events in a more Christian based way. I hope that does not bother you. If it does, please just let me know. I can also write the same way the New York Times reporters write, but I know you are more interested in a higher standard than that! LOL.

I hope everyone had a very wonderful Christmas, and please remember why we celebrate this day. "For God so loved the world that He gave His One and Only Son so that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish but shall have everlasting life." This is what I pray for you, my readers.

For my Jewish readers, I pray for you a very Happy Chanukkah. For everyone, G-d bless you.

PS. Oops. I fell asleep waiting for help with the pic! That is why this is being posted late. Geez. Have a great day.

May you walk with the LORD always, and when you cannot take another step, may He carry you the rest of the way until you can walk along side Him again.

Linkfest Haven, the Blogger's Oasis

Please feel free to share your best posts with my readers on a daily basis. Just remember to add my permalink to the bottom of your post, then trackpost to me. Thank you. You don't have trackbacks available? Why not use Wizbang Stand Alone Trackback? Everyone have a nice day.

Some wonderful posts for your reading pleasure by some wonderful people:
3. Adam's Blog: Obama: Beer for My Journalists.
4. Woman Honor Thyself: Israel Strikes “BACK” at GazA.
5. Mark My Words: One word.
6. Woman Honor Thyself: Gaza: It’s RaininG RocketS.

Cross-posted @ Talon and Rosemary's News and Ideas. Trackback URL-Talon, Trackback URI-RT and Trackback URL-RNaI. Digg! Digg!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful of others, so they may be respectful to you. Have a blessed day.