Publius Forum

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

LB Tea Party Moved

I've spoken with the Special Events people for the umph number of times, and we just found out that the Post Office cannot be permitted due to the Long Beach Grand Prix. As if this was a secret? It happens every year. It must have slipped both of our minds. Oh well.

I am moving it to Bixby Park in Long Beach. This park is located between Ocean Blvd and Cherry to Broadway and Cherry; and it is from Ocean Blvd and Junipero to Broadway and Junipero on the other side. Ocean and Broadway being the constants. I think First Street and Cherry, which is in the middle on one side, would be a good place.

I am now trying to get in touch with the Parks people. I've spoken to the Police, and he thinks it is wonderful. If it is going to be a small gathering of people, it should be no problem. No blocking the streets, no getting in people's way, no misconduct period. Those are my rules, too.

We will have registration forms to sign people up to vote. I am going to try to make some signs. If you have any suggestions, now's the time to let me know. I could really use the help!

I actually have no idea what I'm doing, but the police officer said he thought I had it all together. If he only knew! I've never done anything like this before, but I've had it! There is no Tea Party near for me to go to, so I'm going to throw one myself.

Everyone who's planning on coming, please e-mail me. I have to give an estimated number of people to this nice police officer by Monday, April 13, for the party on the 15th. It's only a precaution because they have special rules they follow.

If you feel you cannot behave yourself in front of these fine men and women who protect us day and night, don't bother showing up. I don't want any trouble. I just want to let these politicians know that they can't continue to steal our money without us getting madder and Madder and MADDER! We're simply not going to take it anymore.

Until that day, be blessed.

PS. Do we have a national site for the Tea Party? Maybe there is someway we could organize so that others who would like to put together a Tea Party don't have to start from scratch. Just sayin'...Oh, I did not have to pay anything, and I did not need a permit. It is a free speech event, so it is not considered one of their 'events'. Woohoo!

May you walk with the LORD always, and when you cannot take another step, may He carry you the rest of the way until you can walk along side Him again.

Linkfest Haven, the Blogger's Oasis

Today I am having an open trackback courtesy of Linkfest. This means you can (track)post your best post here. Remember to link me to your article before you trackback. You don't have trackbacks available? Why not use Wizbang Stand Alone Trackback? Everyone have a nice day.

Friends I am sharing this post with The Pink Flamingo: Part XI: Democratic Religious Bigotry - Sarah Palin, third world county: R&R, Right Truth: Children on Terrorist Watch List in UK. What makes a child become a terrorist?, Conservative Cat, and The World According To Carl: Lamenting The Mississippi Seawolves: Suspending Operations For The 2009-2010 Season (Will They Ever Return? Probably Not.), thanks to Linkfest Haven Deluxe.

Pearls of wisdom from my friends:
1. Woman Honor Thyself: MK Haneen Zuabi: Get the H*ll out of ISRAEL!
2. Adam's Blog: Congress Move Towards Economic Fascism.
3. Right Voices: Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac expect to pay about $210 million in retention bonuses to 7,600 employees over 18 months...as Congress adjourns for Easter break.
4. Woman Honor Thyself: MK Haneen Zuabi: Get the H*ll out of ISRAEL!
5. Adam's Blog: Congress Move Towards Economic Fascism.
6. Adam's Blog: Congress Move Towards Economic Fascism.

Cross-posted @ TCU, SGP and Rosemary's News and Ideas. Digg! Digg!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful of others, so they may be respectful to you. Have a blessed day.