Publius Forum

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

LBCA Tea Party Update I

Today I set out on my first ever journey to get a permit for the Tea Party Protest. Interesting it was. I have this 37 page package for which I need to fill out for my application. I am on page 5, and it is still just briefing me on how they are going to help me fill it out. I've learned that it's going to cost me, but they haven't said how much yet.

Everyone I've spoken to so far has not heard of the Tea Parties popping up all across America. I've had to explain to them what it is we are doing. When they asked how many people will be attending, I had to say just one so far. lol. I really do not know how many people, if any, will show up.

I have a question. Is it better to have it during the noon hour, say 11 am until 1 pm, or would the early evening be better?

There is really bad parking, so I recommend parking a distance away and taking one of the free buses to the site. I am hoping for an April 15th date, but I'm supposed to have had my request in at least 60 days in advance. I think they are going to work with me, though. That is what they said. I think it is because I have no idea what I am doing and the number of people is so low. lol.

Hey, if I end up being the only person that shows up, so be it. I'm going. If the Tea Parties won't come to me, I'll throw my own. ;)

Well, that's it for now. I'll let you know more tomorrow. Gotta start reading again...

May you walk with the LORD always, and when you cannot take another step, may He carry you the rest of the way until you can walk along side Him again.

Cross-posted @ TCU, CA State SGP and Rosemary's News and Ideas. Digg! Digg!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful of others, so they may be respectful to you. Have a blessed day.