Publius Forum

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Organizers Beware! UPDATE: Nevermind

I had a Tea Party on the 15th of April, and it was very peaceful and educational. I received more of an education today. See, when I called on the 16th of April to get my next Tea Party going (July 4th), I had to leave a voice mail. The Detective called me today and informed me that I had the wrong office. He said not to think of this as anything more than a simple thing, but I needed to speak with the Department of Homeland Security!

He asked if I was from a national organization and I told him I wasn't. He didn't believe me. He also thought I was against our country or our government (I don't quite remember the questions, because my blood was boiling). I straight out answered him, "NO! I love our beautiful country, and I just want to make sure it's still here when our children and grandchildren grow up!" Can you believe this? I even told him how much the national debt was at the time I wrote my post, $11,221,539,981,704 and rising every moment!

Our gross national product is around $12,000,000,000. Now you tell me, how can we survive if these congress critters keep spending our hard earned money like there's no tomorrow? Oh yes, he asked me if I voted for Obama. I told him I voted for Sarah Palin. :)

Are they allowed to ask who we voted for? I didn't think so. Ya know, I've wanted to run for office for a long time now, but I've been too afraid to try. There is dirt in my past from when I was a juvenile and a little bit when I turned 18 and then in the year 1985. I am not proud of it, but how long do I have to pay for crimes which were perpetrated against me? Long story, no answer.

(I did fill out the paperwork and inform the city clerk that I would be running for City Council a few cycles back, but I pulled out of the race for lack of money.)

Just be careful when you have your Tea Party. Don't even bother to involve the Special Events unless you have more than 75 people coming. Ya know, you could always claim, "Oh my! What a turn-out. I never expected so many people!"

PS. I'm pretty upset but not rattled. Keep on keepin' on, my brothers and sister!

Update: I just got off the phone with a DHS detective, and he informed me that we do not, in fact, need their permission to have a Tea Party. It was odd though. He acted as if he had never heard of a Tea Party. When I brought up the Tax Day Tea Party, he went, 'Ooohh, THAt.' Excuse me? Am I missing something here? Or am I just being paranoid? Why would the police officer think it necessary to send me to DHS in the first place? Hmm. I'm going to give him a call tomorrow. Stand-by for the update...

May you walk with the LORD always, and when you cannot take another step, may He carry you the rest of the way until you can walk along side Him again.

Cross-posted @ SGP and Rosemary's News and Ideas. Digg! Digg!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful of others, so they may be respectful to you. Have a blessed day.