Publius Forum

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

How NOT To Make Bread

Yesterday I was very happy because I finally had all the ingredients to finally make my own fresh, hot, bread. It takes about 4-5 hours, but I knew it was going to worth it...NOT!

First of all ladies and gents, no one had ever taught me anything about yeast. The recipe said to put the yeast in warm water at 110 degrees. I used a turkey thermometer which was alright. It just didn't have any numbers on it like a regular one, so I estimated.

Then I filled a bowl and laid the package in it. DO NOT DO THIS! What I was supposed to do was only use 1/4 cup of water and open the package of yeast and put that into the bowl with the water.

My bread did not rise. It tasted horrible, and my brother and his friend are still laughing. They joked that maybe it will turn into a famous face so they can sell it on eBay. GRRRR. (haha) Oh well. Better luck next time.

I did not write this to embarrass myself. Rather I wrote this in case there are any of you out there who want to try to make your own bread. I find it helpful when others share their kitchen horror stories so others can avoid them. This is mine. I hope it helps someone. I know I can't be the only one that feels this stupid. *heh*

Have a blessed day!

PS. I just spoke with my Mom, and she said she wouldn't have put this on the web. She does not understand the web very well. This is my diary, and I just wanted to help the next person from making the same mistake. She never did think I was very bright. That's what happens when you won't allow me in the kitchen to watch her cook food. Don't get me wrong, I love my Mother, but there are somethings I wish she would have taught me.

BTW, this just gives me creds when I tell people that I can't cook! *heh*

May you walk with the LORD always, and when you cannot take another step, may He carry you the rest of the way until you can walk along side Him again. Digg! Digg!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful of others, so they may be respectful to you. Have a blessed day.