Publius Forum

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Honoring a Fallen Soldier and Milblogger

Today is a day of sorrow, honor, anguish, memories and every emotion in the world for those who knew and loved PFC Paul O. Cuzzupe. He was a Military man through and through, and he was also a blogger. You may have even read his words. Have a nice trip to Heaven, and we shall remember you here. Godspeed.

Honoring a Fallen Soldier and Military Blogger, PFC Paul O. Cuzzupe II
Thursday, August 19, 2010, 04:52 PM

Fallen Military BloggersArmy.

Pfc. Paul O. Cuzzupe II was killed August 8, 2010 while serving in Afghanistan. Cuzzupe, who was assigned to the 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment, died after suffering injuries in Akhtar-Mohammad-Khan when his unit came under attack with an improvised explosive device.

Cuzzupe occasionally posted blog entries on his MySpace page. In his final entry titled "First Thanksgiving away from home" dated November 25, 2009, Paul wrote:

I have never spent and Thanksgiving away from home. It is weird how I am actually not going to be doing anything tomorrow on my favorite holiday. Life when you are training in the Army is boring to say the least. I had this grand vision that I would always be doing soething, but that is not the case, not yet anyway. It will pick up greatly when I leave AIT to go to my duty station. From there I have no idea what is in store for me, but I am sure that I will get to see the shit that has had our country bogged down for the last 8 years. I find myslef not scared, just trying to be mentally prepared. I have faith in my skills and my ability to do my job. I ve always thought that I would carry on the tradition in my family being in the Army. It is my turn. I only hope that my father and grandfather are looking down me and watching me. I feel their presence quite frequently and I know that the will be with me always, especially when times get tough.

God bless Paul for his courage and sacrifice. My thoughts and condolences go out to all his family and friends.

The St. Petersburg Times based in Tampa, has more information about Paul, his family and the military style procession he received after his body arrived in Tampa.

Military personnel, law enforcement officers, strangers and friends saluted the white hearse as it passed. Car dealerships and restaurants on S.R. 60 hung their flags at half-staff.

You can read the full story here.
Hat tip: JP at Milblogging.com.

May you walk with the LORD always, and when you cannot take another step, may He carry you the rest of the way until you can walk along side Him again. Digg! Digg!

2 comments:

  1. It is always a sorrow to lose a loved one and patriot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is. I just wish Obama cared at least some for what these brave souls are doing to protect his family as well. I know we do. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful of others, so they may be respectful to you. Have a blessed day.