Publius Forum

Monday, August 30, 2010

Some Verizon ISP Owners Suck

I have a Black Tie account with the Geek Squad where I bought my computer, and my brother's ISP owner is from Verizon. I use a router (he has the modem) which they provided for us. Yesterday our computers were down due to an ethernet cable being unplugged. You would THINK Verison would able to know what to do about this situation.

Apparently not. I had to waste one of my 4 free emergency calls to find out all I had to do was unplug the modem, plug the ethernet cable master box back into the wall, unplug the router, then turn off the power to both computers, wait a few seconds (10), plug in the router after the modem lit up and become nonflashing solid lights, and voila! A FREAKIN ISP WORKER SHOULD KNOW THIS.

I should charge them $99, because that's how much money they cost me. That was my third or fourth call to the Geek Squad, and I am upset. If you don't know your job, don't work there. I don't care how hard up you are for a job. Geesh.

Besides that, Yahoo has not responded to my request for help getting into my Email account. If you are wondering why I haven't been writing, there's your answer. I cannot reach you to let you know about the situation! Frustration after frustration.

One good thing did happen, actually two. My brother is eating a little solid food and feeling better, and I am able to walk without my walker now! I'm not saying it's permanent, but I have managed to get around to care for him without using it. I guess it is true. When we have to do things we never thought possible but circumstances call upon us, we rise to the occassion through faith in Him. Praise God and thank you for your prayers. God bless you all.

PS. You may reach me at this email address for now.

May you walk with the LORD always, and when you cannot take another step, may He carry you the rest of the way until you can walk along side Him again.

2 comments:

  1. I've always had good luck with Verizon's DSL techs.

    Getting my phone service repaired? Well, that's a different story -- and an ugly story, at that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I know what you mean about the phone repairs. haha. It all depends who get for the tech, though. My brother has Verizon, and I am using one of their routers. ;)

    Thank you for taking the time to comment. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful of others, so they may be respectful to you. Have a blessed day.