Publius Forum

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Did God part the Red Sea?

While God performed many miracles during the time Moses was trying to free the Hebrew people, was there any evidence left behind to prove that the parting of the sea actually did happen? I'll give you some sites, and you make your own conclusions.

First of all, there has been an archaeological find in the Red Sea which uncovered the presence of a very, very old chariot! One site is Wyatt Archaeological Research discusses the actual crossing, while part 4 discusses the actual discovery of an ancient chariot wheel. There are 5 parts altogether in this particular site.

Another site is World Net Daily. There is a word of caution from the wife of the archaeologist who first found an artifact:
"[At first] I thought everything was a chariot wheel!" Mrs. Wyatt exclaimed, noting how difficult it is for the untrained eye to distinguish an artifact from a piece of coral. "I'm just trying to be cautious about over-identifying too much. ... It is God's truth, and we can't hype it up. We can't add to it."

However, she notes a big problem for explorers and scientists is that the Egyptian government no longer allows items to be removed from the protected region. Thus, someone claiming to find an artifact will have a hard – if not impossible – time verifying its authenticity, a classic catch-22.
This is very good advice. It is always wise to be cautious. It is also suspicious why the Egyptian government does not want the TRUTH to be known, if it is the truth. (I believe it to be true, artifacts or not.)

Here is another site for you to research: The Hebrew Red Sea Crossing (Exodus). It is quite long, and it includes Egyptian inscriptions that could be relevent to this event.

Maybe there is a group of scientists who are interested in this area not for Biblical purposes but for scientif accuracy? I searched the web over and I thought I thought found truth seekers, but phfffft I was wrong. No, seriously, there are some scientists who are interested, I'm sure. They just haven't about it. I did leave a comment for one of them, so hopefully he will return my questions with answers.

I did, however, find a site that could bring some...uhmm...contraversy? (lol) The name of the site is Archaeology and the Exodus:
Biblical Archaeology is often divided into two camps: The "minimalists" tend to downplay the historical accuracy of the Bible, while the "maximalists," who are in the majority and are by and large not religious, tend to suggest that archaeological evidence supports the basic historicity of the Bible text.
Oh my! Well, it is a Jewish site, and our brothers and sisters do love some color in their lives. (If there is nothing to discuss and agree or disagree, this is a day that has been wasted! lol) Ya know, I do believe many Christians are of the same cloth. ;)

So why do I insist on all this evidence? I do not. I just believe it is rather interesting that people would prefer to believe that life can from nothing, babies are not babies until they can breathe on their own (does that mean they are not babies if they on an incubator?), and all other types of nonsense. Yes, you may believe that I believe in nonsense, but that gives me the right to tell you that it takes more faith to believe what you believe! By the way, where is your scientific PROOF that man evolved from a slimy creature in the sea? Why aren't there more of us? Why do we compliment each other? I thought this supposed to be random? Hmm.

No matter. I find it interesting, and that's what matters. After all, it is MY site. lol. Have a great day everyone, and to my Christian friends, God bless you. To my Jewish friends, G-d bless you. ;)

Update: I forgot this:


Have a blessed day.

Posts I've trackbacked to at Linkfest and others: Tel-Chai Nation: Dubya brands Israel as aggressor, Woman Honor Thyself: Capital Punishment by “Cocktail”, The Yankee Sailor: Thursday Open Post, The Blue Star Chronicles: John Conlee - They Also Serve, Pirate's Cove: TTLF: A 40,000 Pound Gift For Al Qaeda, Big Dog's Weblog: Hillary Quote of the Week, Adam's Blog: Post of the Day for January 10, 2008, Right Voice: Michigan Democrats Should Vote Uncommitted In The Primary, Celebrity Smack: Sausage Links, Right Truth: Sen. Arlene Specter is on his 17th trip to Syria, what gives?, Right Voices: BUMPED&UPDATED: Voter cited by opponents of Indiana's ID law registered in two states …. SCOTUS Not Likely To Alter/Ban Indiana Voter ID, thanks to Linkfest Haven Deluxe.

Linkfest Haven, the Blogger's Oasis


Digg! Digg!

Trackbacks to this post (most recent tb listed first):
5. Mark My Words: Fred Thompson endorsed by Reagan's favorite publication.
4. Mark My Words: Mike Huckabee - sincerity extraordinaire.
3. 123beta: PETA Pranks.
2. Big Dog's Weblog: Hillary Panders to ILLEGALS.
1. Diary of the Mad Pigeon: The Wizard Series PArt IV: Smoke, Fire and Metal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful of others, so they may be respectful to you. Have a blessed day.