Publius Forum

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Shame On Americans Cheering Defeat At IOC

Yes, Obama's family went to Copenhagen to try to get the Olympics to come to Chicago, and yes, America, not Obama, received the lowest votes. Is that what makes you so proud? Shame on you! We do not have to like someone else's politics or even the way they prostrate themselves in front of our enemies, but can we not agree that this is a vote against America? Land of the free, home of the brave, and land that I love?

She is both of our country, no matter whether or not someone sees her greatness. I never like it when she is insulted or assaulted. I'm quite sure the other side doesn't like many of the things I believe in such as God, Life, Liberty, and private property /sarc; but this is also their home.

Can we please come together for one freakin' minute out of the year and be grown up enough to take politics out of every damn thing? I'd appreciate it. We have many things that are more important policy wise. Just think about it the next time. Ask yourself, "Would I react this way if the most perfect president I could have voted for was treated in this manner, and the other side of the aisle behaved the way I just did?" Just sayin'...

BTW, I'm glad Rio finally got the Olympics. Good for them. We have had it here several times before, and I in no way meant to belittle any other country. Well, depending on what country that may have been. I will be having a caniption fit the day they announce the Olympics are to be held in Sudan or Iran! Not until they stop BUTCHERING their own people should they even have a seat at any table. But that's another story altogether. Just wanted to get that in here.

Also, I am still trying to caught up. Can't ya tell? This is kind of late news. haha. I'm caught up on Michael Yon's dispatches. Now I still have to do my subscriptions to YouTube and my Mulitary e-mails from all around the globe. Then if I still have time before my inbox gets full again, I can include some of the counterterrorism I've been reading. Chilling.

May you walk with the LORD always, and when you cannot take another step, may He carry you the rest of the way until you can walk along side Him again.

Cross-posted @ TownHall, TCU and SGP Digg! Digg!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful of others, so they may be respectful to you. Have a blessed day.